Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative
Pregnant in the Last Year?
Preventing Maternal Mortality - Training for Hospital Emergency Departments Webinar
The Florida Hospital Association, Florida College of Emergency Physicians, and FPQC hosted a call on June 7, 2023. Participants learned about the tools and resources available for hospital emergency departments to adopt to reduce maternal mortality in Florida. The slides and recording of the call are below.
Emergency Room Resources
These ER resources are provided as part of the FPQC Postpartum Access and Continuity of Care (PACC) Initiative. Please visit the PACC Website and PACC Toolbox for comprehensive initiative information and resources!
- Postpartum ER Training Slides: FPQC ER physician and staff postpartum condition educational slide presentation. This example presentation is for use annually in providing education to ER providers and staff on postpartum conditions.
- FPQC ER PP Conditions Poster: Example poster with visuals and QR codes for the most complications/diagnosis for PP period that links to guidelines for care.
- FPQC ER PP Conditions 8x11 Handout: The 8x11 version of our FPQC ER PP Condition Poster.
- Postpartum Conditions Diagnoses and Treatment Clinical Management Guide for ERs: Booklet outlining the most common PP complications and how to manage.
- Postpartum discharge and Florida's pregnancy-related deaths: Are these deaths preventable? One-pager outlining the need for improved postpartum care for Florida mothers.