About the Metabolic Genetics Clinic:
The Metabolic Genetics Clinic at USF Health provides optimal care to pediatric and adult patients with inherited metabolic disorders. The clinic is open for evaluation of infants identified by newborn screening and others with metabolic disorders. We provide the following services to individuals with a metabolic disorder including diagnosis, genetic counseling, dietary management, and monitoring of metabolites. During the clinic visit, dietary management specific for each disorder is provided by a licensed dietician. Patients will meet with our licensed dietician who will provide dietary management based on the diagnosis and tailored for each patient.
Services are available for the following metabolic disorders:
- Biotin metabolism disorders (biotinidase, holocarboxylase synthase)
- Cobalamin disorders
- Congenital lactic acidosis
- Creatine biosynthesis disorders (GAMT, AGAT, creatine transporter deficiency)
- Disorders of methyl transfer & sulfur amino acid metabolism (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase deficiency - MTHFR; homocystinuria, sulfite oxidase deficiency, molybdenum cofactor deficiency)
- Disorders of phenylalanine & tyrosine metabolism (PKU, hyperphenylalaninemia, maternal PKU syndrome, tyrosinemias)
- Fatty acid oxidation disorders and ketogenesis disorders (carnitine disorders, VLCAD, LCHAD, MCAD, SCAD, GAII)
- Glycogen storage disease
- Lipid storage disorders (Niemann-Pick)
- Lysosomal storage disorders (MPS, Gaucher, Krabbe, Fabry)
- Maple syrup urine disease
- Non-ketotic hyperglycinemia
- Organic acidurias (isovaleric aciduria, methylmalonic aciduria, propionic aciduria; glutaric aciduria, canavan)
- Peroxisomal Disorders
- Urea Cycle Disorders (argininemia; argininosuccinic aciduria; citrullinemia; ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency - OTC) or hyperammonemic syndromes
17 Davis Medical Building
17 Davis Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606
Map and directions
Referral & Scheduling: (813) 259-8772 or (888) 873-3627
Clinic Hours: Wednesdays: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, by appointment only.
Metabolic Diagnostic Clinic: Monday of each month: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, by appointment only.
Business Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Metabolic Genetics Clinic, USF Health
2 Tampa General Circle, 5053B
Tampa, FL 33606