USF Health providers specialize in caring for adolescent’s and young adult's evolving physical and emotional health concerns, from routine annual well visits and sports physicals to managing multiple or complex medical issues such as:
- Gynecology - Pubertal and menstrual developmental evaluation; menstrual disorders including primary and secondary amenorrhea, dysmenorrheal, abnormal uterine bleeding, and polycystic ovary syndrome and other hyperandrogen syndromes. Screening, diagnosis, management, and education of and about STD/STI's and HIV. Pregnancy issues, including testing, options, counseling, and prevention strategies, as well as comprehensive contraceptive care, including emergency contraception.
- Eating Disorders - Spectrum of eating disorders including anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa; diagnosis, management, and coordination of multidisciplinary care, including hospitalization/refeeding and outpatient nutritional assessment, psychiatric counseling and pharmacology, and ongoing medical care. Obesity, including nutritional management and screening for Type 2 diabetes.
- Psychosocial/Mental Health Issues - Substance abuse, depression, school difficulties, attention deficit disorders.
- Common Orthopedic Problems - Evaluation and management of scoliosis, chronic knee pain, chronic back pain, and common sports medicine problems.
- Common Medical Problems - Thyroid disorders, chronic abdominal pain, chronic fatigue, chronic headaches, growth and development issues.
For more information on health concerns for adolescents, parents are encouraged to access Adolescent and Young Adult Resources and Education.
The Ybor Youth Clinic (YYC) provides health care that is specifically for youth and young adults ages 13 to 24 in the Tampa Bay area at low or no cost. Our medical services are provided at a newly renovated clinical location in the heart of Ybor City. To learn more about the YYC or to book an appointment visit Ybor Youth Clinic.
Services provided at YYC include: