We have the international experience and expertise you are looking for.
While many common infections can be treated by a primary care physician, there are many others – some rare, some difficult to diagnose, and even some that are life-threatening – that require a physician who is specially trained in infectious diseases.
Our team of infectious disease specialists are hospital based, seeing patients at Tampa General Hospital, Florida Hospital-Tampa, and Moffitt Cancer Center.
They are specially trained to diagnose and provide a full spectrum of care for infectious diseases, including bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic infections, and can provide intensive management of infectious diseases through state-of-the-art care and access to advancements in infectious disease research.
You can turn to our ID team when:
• an infection is difficult to diagnose
• an infection is accompanied by a high fever
• a patient does not respond to treatment
• a healthy person plans to travel to a foreign country or a location where infection risk is higher
• treating illnesses becomes a part of a patient's overall care, for example, a patient with HIV/AIDS
USF HIV Clinical Research Unit
The health care providers at the USF HIV Clinical Research Unit are at the forefront for HIV research studies. Patients are provided access to innovative experimental therapies before they are widely available. We also serve the community as a resource for infectious disease identification, prevention and treatment issues, including bioterrorism and the emergence of new pathogens.