Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative
Florida ACOG Levels of Maternal Care (LOMC)
Ready to apply for LOMC funding? Click here!
FPQC and The Joint Commission (TJC) applications will be accepted through June 30, 2024 on a first come, first served basis. Ideally, the "ready date" on the application for an onsite verification visit should be by April 1, 2024 in order to assure completion during the state fiscal year.
*This is not a quality improvement initiative, but a hospital verification program. This does not qualify as a state-required quality improvement initiative.
This program is designed to promote Florida maternity hospitals’ participation in TJC verification program and improve maternal health care in the state. With another one-year of funding provided by the Florida Department of Health, the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative (FPQC) will pay initial site visit cost and first year fee for any Florida maternity hospital willing to apply for and participate in The Joint Commission’s (TJC) ACOG Maternal Levels of Care verification program. This will cover nearly half of the hospital’s cost for three-year participation. For those hospitals applying as a Level 1 hospital, FPQC will pay full three-year costs requiring no hospital payment.
Most importantly, a hospital does not need to be a be a Joint Commission accredited hospital to participate in this verification program. FPQC offers example hospital materials for TJC verification process and will support hospitals through the process using prior Florida hospital clinical guidance including applying, preparing, and completing the MLOC verification process. FPQC is here to make it as easy as possible and provide help. New state funding is available this fiscal year (through June 30, 2024) on a first come, first served basis.
Download the informational flyer here.
First Year LOMC Evaluation—Lessons Learned
In order to capture lessons learned in the first year of
the Florida LOMC implementation, an independent evaluator conducted interviews
and surveys of all participating hospitals.
Hospitals considered the LOMC verification process to be a positive learning experience that recognized the quality of care they provide and were thankful for FPQC and state support. The evaluation also provided tips for new hospitals and contributed to the framework for the new LOMC Playbook.
Hospital Commitments (Please read carefully):
For FPQC to pay onsite review and first full year annual fees with this year's funding, the hospital must acknowledge and commit to the following:
- Commit to paying the second and third year verification fees to The Joint Commission unless applying as a Level 1 hospital where FPQC will pay for all three years.
- Commit to scheduling the onsite verification site visit within 90 days of a completed LOMC application accepted and acknowledged by TJC with a ready date of April 1st or before.
- Commit to completing an online evaluation survey about the verification process after the verification site visit.
- Acknowledge that TJC will automatically bill your hospital upon application and that the FPQC will pay TJC directly upon completion of the initial site visit report. No action is required by the hospital in the interim for the site visit or first year annual fees.
- Acknowledge that FPQC will be regularly informed by TJC on hospital progress with the verification process and about your hospital's applied and verified level of maternal care.
- Acknowledge that FPQC will be sharing the above information with the initiative funder, the Florida Department of Health.
Information on Levels of Maternal Care Verification
- The Joint Commission Maternal Levels of Care Website
- The Joint Commission Maternal Levels of Care Brochure