The FPQC invites all Florida delivery hospitals to participate in the new Perinatal Indicator System.
This initiative is geared towards supporting hospital quality improvement efforts by providing hospital-specific semi-annual reports of perinatal indicators and corresponding data quality reports.
Indicators were chosen and adapted from measures provided by leading national groups such as the Joint Commission, the National Quality Forum, the Vermont Oxford Network, the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative, and the Leapfrog Group.
This system is being offered to all Florida delivery hospitals at no charge. Hospitals may enroll at any time on a rolling basis.
Hospitals who would like to participate will receive:
Hospitals who would like to participate will be required to commit to:
- Semi-annual reports for current indicators
- Brief training modules on the data for hospital
- Support from the FPQC for the QI efforts resulting from your data
- Complete two brief online training modules
- Complete two brief follow-up e-mails per year
- Work on one quality improvement project identified from your data in your hospital with support from the FPQC
Hospitals will not be submitting any data to the FPQC.
For more information on the System, please view the materials and FAQ below.
If you missed our informational webinar on this new System, you may download the recording and slides here.
with any questions.