The 3i Marianas Lightsheet microscope uses unique dual inverted selective illumination (diSPIM) to obtain high resolution in 3D with high speed image acquisition. This system will be used to obtain precise 3D images of large live or fixed samples ranging from single cells to small organisms. The relative gentle illumination technology allows users to image live specimen in a typical culture medium over the course of hours to days with low phototoxicity. Combined with spinning disk confocal and photomanipulation, this system will provide a powerful live-cell imaging tool to investigate molecular and cellular dynamics.
This instrument features unique capabilities to image large samples at fast imaging rate, including,
- Rapid 3D imaging with isotropic resolution (up to 600 images per second)
- Illumination with a sheet of light to lower phototoxicity and to image large sample at high-speed.
- Combination with spinning disk confocal and photomanipulation to examine molecular dynamics in live cells.
- Laser lines: 405, 488, 561 and 637 nm
- Fluorescence filter cubes for DAPI, FITC, and TRITC
- diSPIM filter set with quadband dichroic for 405/488/561/640 nm and quad emitter.
- Motorized xyz for multi-ROI imaging and stitching.
- Phasor optogenetic photomanipulation for simultaneous multipoint manipulation
- CSU-W1 T2 spinning disk confocal scanner with 405/488/561/640 exciatation and emission filters for routine live cell imaging.
- For spinning disk: Prime 95B back illuminated scientific CMOS (1200x1200)
- For diSPIM: Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash 4.0 V3 sCMOS
- For Zeiss Axiovert spinning disk confocal microscope
- 10x Plan Apochromat 0.45NA, WD 2.0 mm
- 20x Plan Apochromat 0.8NA, WD 0.55 mm
- 63x Plan Apochromat 1.4NA, WD 0.19 mm
- For diSPIM
- 10x Nikon CFI Plan Fluor 0.3NA, water dipping, WD 3.5mm
- 20x Olympus UMPLFL 0.5NA, water dipping, WD 3.5mm
- 16x Multi-immersion objective, 0.4NA, CLARITY, WD 12mm
- 40x Nikon CFI Apo 0.8NA water dipping, WD 3.5mm
View User guide