Jennifer Seminerio- Diehl, MD
Director, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
Associate Program Director, Gastroenterology, Morsani College of Medicine
13330 USF Laurel Drive, 6th Floor
Tampa FL 33612
View My C.V.
"I believe in balancing patient care, research and education. I specialize in inflammatory bowel disease and aim to create a program where patients feel they are receiving top level care, novel treatments are given and teaching is paramount."
- Novel therapies in accordance with industry leaders. These are sponsored trials where patients are offered access to medical therapies not yet FDA approved or with a change in the dose or frequency we currently give them. This gives patients access to options they wouldn't otherwise have.
- Investigator initiating trials using the IBD database with is a collection of de-identified patients seen in the IBD center where clinical investigation can be conducted looking at therapeutics, obesity, pregnancy and women's outcomes, surgical interventions, vaccination and much more.
- Additionally, we are growing a microbiome consortium at the university which we are actively part of and hope to conduct grant awarded studies in the future.
- Other investigator studies looking at patient outcomes and collaborating with outside institutions.
- Sands BE, Peyrin-Biroulet L, Loftus EV, Danese S, Colombel JF, Törüner M, Jonaitis L, Abhyankar B, Chen J, Rogers R, Lirio RA, Bornstein JD, Schreiber S. Vedolizumab versus Adalimumab for Moderate-to-Severe Ulcerative Colitis. The New England journal of medicine. 381(13) : 1215-1226, 2019.
- Seminerio JL, Koutroubakis IE, Ramos-Rivers C, Hashash JG, Dudekula A, Regueiro M, Baidoo L, Barrie A, Swoger J, Schwartz M, Weyant K, Dunn MA, Binion DG. Impact of Obesity on the Management and Clinical Course of Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Inflammatory bowel diseases. 21(12) : 2857-63, 2015.
- Seminerio J, O''Keefe SJ. Jejunal feeding in patients with pancreatitis. Nutrition in clinical practice : official publication of the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 29(3) : 283-6, 2014.
- Seminerio J, McGrath K, Arnold CA, Voltaggio L, Singhi AD. Medication-associated lesions of the GI tract. Gastrointestinal endoscopy. 79(1) : 140-50, 2014.
- Seminerio JL, Loftus EV, Colombel JF, Thapa P, Sandborn WJ. Infliximab for Crohn''s disease: the first 500 patients followed up through 2009. Digestive diseases and sciences. 58(3) : 797-806, 2013.
- Seminerio JL, Aggarwal G, Sweetser S. 26-year-old man with recurrent urinary tract infections. Mayo Clinic proceedings. 86(6) : 557-60, 2011.
- Pierre SV, Yang C, Yuan Z, Seminerio J, Mouas C, Garlid KD, Dos-Santos P, Xie Z. Ouabain triggers preconditioning through activation of the Na+,K+-ATPase signaling cascade in rat hearts. Cardiovascular research. 73(3) : 488-96, 2007.
- Inman SR, Davis NA, Olson KM, Lukaszek VA, McKinley MR, Seminerio JL. Rapamycin preserves renal function compared with cyclosporine A after ischemia/reperfusion injury. Urology. 62(4) : 750-4, 2003.