Calendar of Events
Healthcare professionals that care for individuals with Alzheimer's or work with family caregivers, are welcome to registered and attend.
Helping NEW Alzheimer’s Family Caregivers Navigate the Alzheimer's Journey
Friday, December 6, 2019
9:00 am -12:15 pm
- Understanding the different types of dementia and what to expect
- You have the diagnosis, so now what do you do?
- Understanding early changes in your loved one and learning how to respond
- Learning effective communication approaches
- Legal and financial issues for new caregivers
- Tips for successful caregiving: What to do and what not to do
Helping Alzheimer’s Caregivers Improve Communication and Manage Behaviors
Friday, January 31, 2020
9:00 am -12:15 pm
- Approaches for effectively communicating with your loved one
- Understanding short term memory loss Understanding cognitive loss and how it affects behaviors
- Strategies for preventing and responding to behaviors including agitation, hallucination, delusions, paranoia
- Learning to live in the Alzheimer's reality
- Tips for improving bathing, dressing, mealtime, sundowning and sleeping
For more information or please contact Evelyn Rodriguez at email@example.com or call 813-396-0722.
Special Workshop for Faith-based Professionals
Alzheimer’s Disease: Bringing Awareness to the Faith-Based Community (Click here for flyer)
November 8, 2019
8:30-2:30 pm (lunch provided)
- How Alzheimer's affect the individual and the family caregivers.
- How the faith-based community can help meet the overwhelming needs of family caregivers.
- Why Alzheimer's is a major public health concern and how the faith–based community can help.
- How to best interact with a person with Alzheimer's and other dementia.
- How the faith-based community can improve the quality of life of individuals with Alzheimer's and caregivers.
- Valuable information to share with your members and congregants.
Call Evelyn Rodriguez at 813-396-0722 to register for this event.
Summer Geriatric ConferenceThe annual summer conference, Excellence in Geriatric Health Care, will be held June 2020 at the Embassy Suites at USF. This continuing education conference is a MUST if you work in the field of aging. The program will focus on topics pertaining to Alzheimer's and other dementia as well as other critical topics in geriatrics.
For more information, please contact Evelyn Rodriguez at 813-396-0722 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org