USF Health Byrd Alzheimer’s Center and Research Institute
Location and Parking
The Byrd Institute is located on the University of South Florida campus in Tampa, Florida. Our six story building is conveniently located on the north side of campus and easily accessible from Interstates I-75 or I-275 and Fletcher Ave.
4001 E. Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613
- Take exit 266, Fletcher Avenue, and head west towards the University of South Florida.
- Continue on Fletcher Avenue for 3 miles and you will see the Byrd Institute on the left.
- Continue one block to the next light at Magnolia Drive and make a U-turn
- Turn right into the Byrd Institute.
- Take exit 52, Fletcher Avenue, and head east towards the University of South Florida.
- Continue on Fletcher Avenue for 3.5 miles and turn right into the Byrd Institute
- Complementary valet parking is provided for all patients and families coming to the Institute. Please drive to the font of the building to access the valet.
- Handicap spaces in the parking lot are for staff only. Patients and families with a handicap tag should use the valet parking so you do not have to walk up the sidewalk.
- Other Parking Options: If you do not want to use the valet parking, you will have to park in the Laurel Street Garage located behind our building. You can then enter the Byrd Institute lobby from the back of the building. You will have to walk up several steps and and enter through the double doors.
- Please Note: The parking spaces marked "E Parking" and all the spaces in Lot 43 (the entire lot adjacent to the Byrd Institute) is reserved for faculty, staff and students. Patients parking in E spaces or Lot 43 are subject to a ticket.
For questions or additional information, please call one of the following:
Main number (813) 396-0606
Clinic (813) 974-4355
Caregiver (813) 396-0635