The USF Health Morsani College of Medicine has been selected as a site for a clinical trial testing the Moderna mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 6 months to less than 11 years. To view full article and learn about eligibility and how to participate click here.
To schedule your vaccine appointment please log into MyChart. If you/your child does not have a MyChart account, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment. If you have login or other MyChart portal issues, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Visit the USF Health Immunization Clinic for a walk-in appointment. Please see below for clinic information.
COVID Vaccine Information
• The Pfizer vaccine is authorized for people age 5 or older.
• Third dose vaccines are available for those with compromised immune systems. Third doses should be administered at least 28 days after the second vaccine.
• First Booster: USF Health is offering Pfizer COVID 19 vaccine boosters to all individuals age 5 and older. Individuals age 5 and over who have received two doses of Pfizer are eligible five months after their last dose. Individuals age 18 and over who have received two doses of Moderna are eligible five months after their last dose. Individuals who received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine are eligible two months after their initial Johnson and Johnson dose.
• Second booster: Per the FDA and CDC’s approval and recommendation, USF Health is offering Pfizer COVID vaccine second booster shots to all individuals 50 and over and for certain individuals 12 and up with certain types of immune compromise. Individuals are eligible if it has been at least 4 months since their initial booster.
• All individuals under age 18 receiving a vaccine must be accompanied by a guardian and complete the COVID-19 vaccine screening and consent form.
You may now receive the Flu vaccine with your COVID vaccine at our USF Health Immunization Clinic. Please see below for clinic information.
Health Immunization Clinic at Morsani
13330 USF Laurel Drive
Tampa, FL 33612
Walk-ins available Tuesday and Thursday 8AM-4PM.
Both COVID and Flu vaccines are available at this location.
We encourage patients to review these additional vaccination resources:
USF Health currently offers the following COVID-19 tests. Your provider will determine which test is best for you based on your clinical symptoms and test kit availability.
While most insurance covers the cost of testing for COVID-19, those who don’t have insurance or who choose to self-pay can expect the following costs.
Antigen test: Infectious agent antigen detection by immunoassay technique, (e.g., enzyme immunoassay [EIA], enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay [ELISA], immunochemiluminometric assay [IMCA]) qualitative or semiquantitative, multiple-step method; 87426 severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (e.g., SARS-CoV, SARS-CoV-2 [COVID-19]: $150 self-pay cost
Molecular test: Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); 87635 severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique: $154 self-pay cost
If you are a patient receiving care at USF Health, please read the following patient resources pertaining to your medical needs. Also, please read our FAQS about the coronavirus and how you can protect yourself.
COVID-19 is an evolving global public health issue. Access the latest information from the following organizations: