Advocacy and Leadership Training Projects
Find Your Voice Seminars
- April 5, 2021- Sexual Assault Awareness Panel Presentation for Public Health Week, presented by- Jessica Pinto, MA, Crisis Center of Tampa Bay; Abraham Salinas, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor and Director of the Harrell Center for the Study of Family Violence, USF College of Public Health; Jessica Dutil, Ms.Ed., USF Counseling Center; and Jennifer Kovacs, MPH, CPH, USF Center for Victim Advocacy and Violence Prevention
- February 28, 2020– There
is No Health Without Mental Health: Integrating Depression Care with HIV
Prevention and Care Services for Gay Men and Transgender Women-presented by
Jerome Galea, PhD, MSW, Assistant Professor, USF School of Social Work and
Affiliate Assistant Professor, USF College of Public Health.
- October 18, 2019 –What Part of Illegal Don’t You Understand-What Most Americans Don’t Know About Our Immigration System- presented by Norma Henning, JD, Immigration & Civil Rights Attorney, Council on American-Islamic Relations Florida.
- August 30, 2019- We Are Traffic! Safety Education and Advocacy
Strategies for Vulnerable Road Users presented by Jason Jackman, MPA, Research
Associate, USF Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) and Rebecca
Liller, MPH, Research Support Specialist, USF CUTR.
- June 21, 2019- Simulation Modeling as a Tool for Public Health Policy: Fred Measles Florida presented by Mark, S. Roberts, MD, MPP, Professor and Chair, Department of Health Policy and Management, Director, Public Health Dynamics Laboratory, University of Pittsburgh.
- June 11, 2019 – Gun Violence Prevention and Advocacy presented by
David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez, Gun Violence prevention Activists
- January 18, 2019-Advocacy to Prevent Human Trafficking presented by Liana Dean, MSW, Chair of the Pasco County Commission on Human Trafficking
- November 2, 2018 - Join the Guardian ad Litem Program, presented by Senior Attorney, Michelle Blume, Esq
Led by Activist Lab students, the purpose of the Lunch n’ Learns is
familiarize students with the theoretical and practical foundation of
Public Health advocacy and to provide background on effective advocacy
practices associated with various public health issues.
March 26, 2021, Sexual Assault Awareness
- November 6, 2020, COVID-19 and its impact on Mental Health: A Global Perspective
- July 14, 2020, Separation at the Border: Implications of being a Young Immigrant in the US
- October 22, 2019, Immigration Policy: Implications for Public Health
- September 12, 2019, Photovoice for Campus Safety:Application, Action, & Advocacy
- May 16, 2019, Photovoice: A Tool for Public Health Advocacy
- March 1, 2019, Gun violence: An agenda for action
- November 15, 2018, Public health Media Advocacy
- October 4, 2018 at 12-1pm, the first journal club: Public health advocacy: Process and Product
Activist Lab Bootcamp
2021 Activist Lab Bootcamp was held on Friday, January 29th from
9am-5pm virtually through the USF College of Public Health!
The 2020 Activist Lab
Bootcamp was held on Friday, January 24th from 8:15am-5pm at the USF
College of Public Health!
The 2019 Activist Lab Bootcamp was held on Thursday, January 31st (8am-5pm) and February 1st, 2019 (8am -12pm) at the USF College of Public Health!
Join us soon for future events!
Public Health In a Minute
These one minute video segments will feature public health leaders and they will discuss what they are passionate about and what they are advocating for. Look for our segments on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites!!