USF Tampa Library: USF’s largest and most comprehensive library provides access to over two million academic journals, databases, and books, and research assistance for students and faculty. The Library’s Learning Commons offers:
- high-tech study areas
- a SMART Lab
- a Writing Center
- an Office For Undergraduate Research
USF Health Libraries: USF Health Libraries are located on the USF-Tampa campus and serves USF Health students, faculty and staff. USF Health Libraries services include:
- circulation of books
- use of reference libraries (Journals and other reference materials are available, but do not circulate.)
- support of USF Health curricula and research
- interlibrary loans (ILL) when books or periodical articles are not available in the library
Florida Mental Health Institute (FMHI) Research Library: The FMHI Research Library provides services and resources directly supporting the Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute and related academic and research programs at the University of South Florida. FMHI library services include:
- access to electronic and archival resources, monographs, and serials
- research and instruction support
LVHN Library: use FIND FAST – choose Library Services. When you access the Digital Library Web Site from the LVHN Intranet (or Centricity EMR or remotely) you can:
- access over 1,200 medical ebooks, 9,000 full text ejournals, and 800 multimedia resources.
- search library subscribed resources and over 120 medical databases available on the Internet.
- request a research consultation, an article, book or book chapter, help with a literature search, or other library services.
- find writing resources, reading lists, subject guides, journal clubs, and continuing education materials.
- the mobile library website is available at http://intranet.lvh.com/library.
Call us at 610-402-8410 or email us at LibraryServices@lvhn.org.
LVHN Library Training Sessions
Library Services offer various opportunities for training:
- instructor led courses on Extreme Googling, Evidence Based Practice Literature Searching, and Orientation to the Digital Library
- links to online tutorials for various subscribed databases/resources
For class descriptions and schedules: On the Digital Library homepage, click “Training and Classes” on the left menu. Registration is available through The Learning Curve.
LVHN Library Locations and Contacts
Some unique library materials are available at each site.
- The Body Family Medical Library, located at LVHN-CC, is the main location for Library Services and is staffed Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Telephone: 610-402-8410.
- The library at LVHN-17th & Chew is part of the Center for Healthy Aging. Telephone: 610-969-2263.
- The library at LVHN-Muhlenberg is located near the South Entrance of the hospital.