USF Health Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology is committed to providing the highest quality of comprehensive care from our physicians, nurse practitioner, nutritionist, and social worker. We offer specialized patient care and are also involved in innovative clinical research.
We are giving special focus to six interdisciplinary research areas that are poised to make big impacts. By bringing together bright minds from disparate disciplines we are advancing discovery science and addressing some of the toughest problems in health and disease. Our ongoing commitment to advanced studies and research include:
- Cystic Fibrosis - to improve & advance care & quality of life
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia
- Technology Base Smartphone Asthma App, improving understanding & recognition of asthma symptoms & control
- Inherited muscle disease that lead to skeletal muscle weakness affecting the muscle of respiratory & its impact on respiratory muscle physiology
- Developing viral vector (rAAV) to focusing on airways delivery optimization
- New therapy to treat different respiratory diseases working with pharmaceutical companies collaborating with clinic assessment of pulmonary function
Our pulmonary program is a Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Clinical and Research Center Network Affiliate, Cystic Fibrosis Newborn Screening Program, and Cystic Fibrosis Affiliate Center.