PMR Residency Program
Welcome from the Program Director
Marissa McCarthy, MD
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation program's mission aligns with the University of South Florida’s Morsani College of Medicine's mission to provide the education of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation to residents through the creation of a scholarly environment that fosters excellence in the lifelong goals of education, research, and compassionate patient care to the community in which we serve.
- Educate residents to be outstanding, independent practitioners of physical medicine and rehabilitation in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Provide a well-rounded, 4-year curriculum to facilitate resident learning in inpatient and outpatient settings and in interventional procedures with an emphasis on patient centered care.
- Promote participation in QI and Patient Safety activities to achieve safe and high-quality patient care.
- Develop a clinical learning environment that monitors and supports the well-being of fellows, faculty, residents, and other members of the health care team.
- Develop a culture that promotes the participation in and dissemination of scholarly activity.
We are committed to the eight core values of the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. These core values provide a solid foundation for our specialty and subspecialty programs.
- Dedication to Excellence
- Public assurance of high quality patient care
- Standard setting
- Science-based medicine
Residency Program Administrator
Department of Neurology
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
University of South Florida
12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd MDC 55
Tampa, FL 33612