- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien (PRA)
with a green card in possession before we will consider your application.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States (This must be completed prior to matriculating into the program).
GPA of a 3.2 (out of 4.0) overall, and in science and prerequisite courses. We
use the GPAs calculated by PTCAS. To learn more about their calculations,
- Total of 20 volunteer, observational, or
employment hours’ experience. Strongly recommended from 2 different types of sites
(inpatient, outpatient, acute care, etc.).
- All degree requirements completed or no more
than 2 prerequisite courses outstanding at the time of application.
- Two references from licensed Physical Therapists
with knowledge of the applicant's aptitude and potential for success in
professional school. We will not accept Occupational Therapists, PhDs, or
Physical Therapist Assistants. **All items must be submitted directly to PTCAS, we do not receive any items at USF. Keep in mind you only have 4 reference letter spots in PTCAS. Please ensure two of them are from licensed PT's if applying to USF**
- GRE Scores must be submitted. There is no
minimum score required, but your GRE results will be used in the selection
process. We recommend that students try to achieve a score close to the national average of a 50 percentile for each section (written, analytical, and quantitative). Make sure you use GRE code 4083
to have your scores sent to USF SPT&RS.
- For applicants for whom English is not the
native language, a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score
is required at the time of application. This requirement may be waived by the
SPTRS Selection Committee if the applicant has received an undergraduate degree
from an accredited school in the United States by the time of matriculation
into the DPT degree program.
Meeting minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee admission to the School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences.