Industry Advisory Council
The Taneja College of Pharmacy Industry Advisory Council (IAC) was established in 2020 to fulfill the College’s mission of transforming health. The IAC will comprise of professional partners within Pharmacy, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, and Life Science industries, and other non-profit and for profit Research Institutions.
The mission of TCOP-IAC is to:
- Strengthen industry-academia partnerships within the State of Florida
- Establish joint career, research, and educational collaborations and pipelines
- Foster and promote entrepreneurial activities
- Provide a network of industry contacts for stakeholders, faculty, and students
- Ensure educational programs are effective and relevant for meeting the needs of industry affiliates and the community
To achieve this mission, board members are encouraged to engage in the following activities:
- Attend the semi-annual summit and explore industry-academic collaborations in research and clinical arenas
- Serve as guest speakers in a wide range of courses
- Mentor students during their academic research career
- Provide and encourage employment and internship affiliations
- Offer shadowing or volunteer hours to students interested in entering the career workforce
Shyam S. Mohapatra, PhD
Chair, Industry Advisory Council
Associate Dean and Professor, USF Taneja College of Pharmacy
Brian R. McMillan, MS
Co-Chair, Industry Advisory Council
President & CEO, Bravado Pharmaceuticals, LLC
For more information about the TCOP-IAC, please contact Danielle Gamboni, Assistant Director of TCOP Graduate Programs at email@example.com.
Florida Pharma Innovation Summit
The Florida Pharma Innovation Summit provides a networking platform for all council members. The forum will promote industry-academia partnerships, research, and education within the fields of pharmacy, nanoscience, nanoengineering, nanobiotechnology, and medicine. Attendees will have an opportunity to network and foster interdisciplinary collaborations with other industry partners within the State of Florida.
Pharma-Academic Industry Network
The Pharma-Academic Industry Network (PIN) serves as a subgroup of the Industry Advisory Council. The mission of TCOP-PIN is to transform health by maximizing partnerships in the fields of Pharma Sciences, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, and Life Sciences Industries and other non-profit, and for-profit Research Institutions.
To achieve this mission, PIN aims to:
If you are interested in attending the next PIN meeting or joining this subgroup, please register HERE for more information.