CIRP staff comprises of a Pharmacy Director, Pharmacy Manager and a Pharmacy Technician. CIRP operates as a clinical investigational pharmacy for over thirty clinical and investigational trials which serves many USF researchers located in the Morsani Center for Advanced Healthcare, Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute, Children’s Medical Services, USF Eye Institute, USF Office of Clinical Research, and Rothman Institute. The pharmacy consists of five rooms including a general pharmacy, a preparation and storage area, an ante room, a negative pressure chemo clean room with a BSC and a positive pressure clean room with a BSC and LAFW.
The goals of CIRP are to:
- Oversee all functions of the clinical research investigational pharmacy (CIRP), including preparation of investigational medications that are part of contracted services with the pharmacy, preparation of charge quotes and invoices for billing of services, and provide information as it relates to preparation and dispensing of research medications.
- Review and revise CIRP policies and procedures as necessary to maintain successful licensure.
- Negotiate contracts for billing with third party payers for future billing of non-investigational, infusion services.
- Begin communication with infusion center nurses and other stakeholders regarding potential roles for the pharmacy with respect to preparation and dispensing of non-investigational drug infusions.
- Provide instructional opportunities and experiential education for TCOP students.
Did you Know?
- The CIRP Technician and Pharmacist are also Florida Licensed Nuclear Medical Technologist and Nuclear Pharmacist.
- Currently, CIRP is working on methodology to compound fracture healing capsules for USF athletes.