The goals of CIRP are to:
- Oversee all functions of the clinical research investigational pharmacy (CIRP), including preparation of investigational medications that are part of contracted services with the pharmacy, preparation of charge quotes and invoices for billing of services, and provide information as it relates to preparation and dispensing of research medications.
- Review and revise CIRP policies and procedures as necessary to maintain successful licensure.
- Negotiate contracts for billing with third party payers for future billing of non-investigational, infusion services.
- Begin communication with infusion center nurses and other stakeholders regarding potential roles for the pharmacy with respect to preparation and dispensing of non-investigational drug infusions.
- Provide instructional opportunities and experiential education for TCOP students.
Did you Know?
- The CIRP Technician and Pharmacist are also Florida Licensed Nuclear Medical Technologist and Nuclear Pharmacist.
- Currently, CIRP is working on methodology to compound fracture healing capsules for USF athletes.