Office of Graduate Programs
Learn about the revolutionary field of nanotechnology and its impact on healthcare solutions.
Degree: Master of Science (MS)
Major: Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology (PCT)
Concentrations: Biomedical Engineering (PPNB), Complementary & Integrative Pharmacy (PCIP), Drug Discovery, Delivery, Development & Manufacturing (PDDD), Entrepreneurship in Pharmacy & Pharmaceutics (PEIP), Translational & Clinical Research (PTCR)
On behalf of the USF Health Taneja College of Pharmacy, I would like to welcome you to explore the opportunities available in Graduate Programs!
Graduate Programs was founded in 2013 with the mission to create graduate level education programs in pharmacy while producing global pharmacy leaders, one scholar at a time. The vision is to develop cutting-edge research training while preparing students with the foundational knowledge and expertise in the area of pharmaceutical nanotechnology. We pride ourselves in creating a diverse learning environment for both students and faculty, while offering unique opportunities through the use of emerging technology.
Consistent with USF's mission, the strategic goals of Graduate Programs are to:
- Enhance domestic and international recruitment, enrollment, and retention of graduate students that reflects diversity
- Enhance the academic experience of and the quality of life for graduate students
- Pursue research funding and conduct and publish research that leads to opportunities for graduate student success
- Partner with the other USF Colleges and SUS institutions to develop creative initiatives that promote graduate student research
- Serve as a leader in promoting interdisciplinary graduate programs
Graduate Programs offers the Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology degree with 1 specialization in NanoMedicine and 5 concentrations, 5 different graduate certificate programs, PharmD/M.S. concurrent degree program, and a wide range of elective course options. Highlights of the M.S. in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology (MSPN) Program include:
- Flexible course offering – ability to complete courses 100% online or on campus
- 32 credits total, can be completed in a fast as 1 year
- Ability to start any time (Fall, Spring, or Summer terms)
- Opportunity to pursue a broad range of career paths
- Program accepts International and Domestic students
- Limited number of merit-based scholarships are available to newly admitted students, based on funding
- STEM designation, allowing students to extend OPT and secure a career in a growing industry
After completing the M.S. in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology program, graduates are well positioned to enter the workplace, conduct academic research, or continue their education through a PhD or professional degree (PharmD, MD). This program allows students to remain competitive, be one of a kind, while expanding their options for their future. Students in Pharmacy Graduate Programs have the option of participating in a wide range of opportunities, including co-authoring a journal article or chapter in a high impact journal or even presenting at annual conferences.
Give yourself a competitive edge by learning about the revolutionary field of nanotechnology and its impact on healthcare solutions!
Shyam S. Mohapatra, PhD, MBA
Associate Dean of Graduate Programs
Director of USF Center for Research & Education in Nanobioengineering (CREN)