Faculty & Staff Directory
Victoria Marshall, PhD, RN
Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
- PhD, Nursing, Michigan State University, 2018
- BSN, Nursing, Bowling Green State University, 2002
- Medication beliefs among cancer patients who are receiving oral oncolytic agents
- Self-symptom management
- End-of-life decision making
- Integrating technology to support the self-management of oral oncolytic therapies
- Dr. Marshall's research focuses on how cancer patients' beliefs and perceptions of their health care are formed and changed over the course of their treatment, in order to improve their decision-making ability as they approach end of life. Her research also focuses on developing technologies to support the self-management of oral oncolytic therapies.
- Harvard Medical School Center for Palliative Care Research Methods in Supportive Oncology Workshop (National Cancer Institute (R25CA181000) - 2022)
- Outstanding New Investigator Award (University of South Florida - 2021)
- DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty Nominee (University of South Florida - 2021)
- Emeline Hamilton PhD Dissertation Award Endowment (Michigan State University - 2019)
- George and Margaret Lorimer Parsons Nursing Endowed Scholarship (Michigan State University College of Nursing - 2016)
- Michigan State University College of Nursing Scholarship (Michigan State University College of Nursing - 2016)
- John F. Dunkel Memorial Endowed Scholarship (Michigan State University College of Nursing - 2016)
- Behavioral Cooperative Oncology Group Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Award (Behavioral Cooperative Oncology Group - 2013)
- Moffitt Cancer Center Collaborative Member (Member: Health Outcomes and Behavior, 2019 - Present)
- American Psychosocial Oncology Society (Member, 2019 - Present)
- Florida Nurses Association (Member, 2019 - Present)
- Tampa Bay Community Cancer Network (Member, 2018 - Present)
- Southern Nursing Research Society (Member, 2016 - Present)
- Oncology Nursing Society (Member, 2016 - Present)
- Sigma Theta Tau International (Member, 2016 - Present)
- American Nurses Association (Member, 1998 - Present)
- Midwest Nursing Research Society (Member, 2013 - 2018)
- Ohio Nurses Association (Member, 1998 - 2018)
- Marshall V, K, Given C, W, Sikorskii A, Given B, A, Lehto R. How Adverse Events and Permanent Medication Stoppages Affect Changes in Patient’s Beliefs About Oral Antineoplastic Agents Supportive Care in Cancer. : 1-8
- Marshall, V.K., Given, B. Satisfaction with an Interactive Voice Response System & Symptom Management Toolkit Intervention to Improve Adherence and Symptoms Management in Patients Newly Prescribed an Oral Anticancer Agent Oncology Nursing Forum. : In Press
- Marshall V, K, Mason T, M, Chavez M, Martinez-Tyson D, Bugajski A, . Impact of COVID-19 on Oncology Health Care Providers: The Resilience of a Profession Cancer Nursing. 45(2) : E407-E416, 2022.
- Marshall V, K, Chavez M, Mason T, M, & Martinez‐Tyson D, . Emergency preparedness during the COVID‐19 pandemic: Perceptions of oncology professionals and implications for nursing management from a qualitative study . Journal of Nursing Management. 29(6) : 1375-1384, 2021.
- Marshall V, K, Chavez M, N, Mason T, M, & Martinez Tyson D, . The Use of Telehealth to Provide Continuity of Cancer Care during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Advantages, Disparities, and Implications to Promote Health Equity Hospital Topics. : 1-11, 2021.
- Marshall VK, Lehto RH, Given CW, Given BA, Sikorskii A, Conceptualisation of medication beliefs among patients with advanced cancer receiving oral oncolytic agents using a theory
derivation approach. European Journal of Cancer Care. : Advanced online publication. DOI: 10.1111/ecc.12988, 2019.
- Marshall V, K, & Cairns P, L. Challenges of caregivers of cancer patients who are on oral oncolytic therapy. Seminars in Oncology Nursing. , 2019.
- Marshall V, Vachon E, Given B, & Lehto R, Impact of Anticancer Medication From a Family Caregiver Perspective. Oncology Nursing Forum. 45(5) : 597-606. DOI: 10.1188/18.ONF.597-606., 2018.
- Marshall VK, & Given BA, Factors Associated with Medication Beliefs in Patients with Cancer: An Integrative Review. Oncology Nursing Forum. 45(4) : 508-526. DOI: 10.1188/18.ONF.508-526., 2018.
- Sikorskii A, Given CW, Given BA, Vachon E, Marshall V, Krauss JC, Banik A, & Majumder A, Do Treatment Patterns Alter Beliefs Cancer Patients hold Regarding Oral Oncolytic Agents? Psycho-Oncology. 27(3) : 1005-1012. DOI: 10.1002/pon.4606, 2018.
- Culturally Adapted Couples Communication Program (Order Total: 2773097, 1643673600000 - 1735689600000)
- The Effects of Medication Beliefs on the Symptom Experience in Patients Taking Oral Cancer Medication (Order Total: 4706, 1472688000000 - 1535673600000)
- Adherence to Oral Cancer Medication: A Family Car (Order Total: 3000, 1447200000000 - 1474848000000)