Faculty & Staff
* (Nursing Faculty Profile)
Stephanie Prescott, PhD, APRN, NNP-BC
Instructor I, College of Medicine Pediatrics
Assistant Professor (Research), College of Nursing
Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Neonatology
"Learn everyday. Be passionate about acquiring knowledge. Be generous with sharing it."
- PhD, Nursing, University of Virginia, 2019
- MSN, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2010
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Metabolic Regulation and Disorders
- Women & Children's Health
- I am a neonatal nurse practitioner at Tampa General Hospital and Inova Children's Hospital. I am an assistant professor and the assistant director of the Biobehavioral Lab at the University of South Florida College of Nursing. I study the effects of microbiota perturbations on health, disease, and response to therapy. I am especially interested in long-term health outcomes associated the microbiome during development. I am also interested in methods to statistically analyze biologic measures in conjunction with social determinants of health to improve health equity, and the microbiome and host immune interactions.
- Caitlin Dreisbach1 Hailey Morgan2 Caroline Cochran3 Adwoa Gyamfi4 Wendy Ann Henderson45 and Stephanie Prescott2. 3. Dreisbach, C., Morgan, H., Cochran, C., Gyamfi, A., Henderson, W. A., & Prescott, S. (2021). Metabolic and microbial changes associated with diet and obesity during pregnancy: what can we learn from animal studies? Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology. 11(7959) , 2022.
- Diwakar Davar1. Amiran K, Dzutsev2. John A, McCulloch2 Richard R, Rodrigues23
Joe-Marc Chauvin1 Robert M, Morrison1 Richelle N, Deblasio1 Carmine Menna1 Quanquan Ding1 Ornella Pagliano1 Bochra Zidi1 Shuowen Zhang1† Jonathan H, Badger2 Marie Vetizou2
Alicia M, Cole2 Miriam R, Fernandes2 Stephanie Prescott2 Raquel G, F, Costa2 Ascharya K, Balaji2 Andrey Morgun4 Ivan Vujkovic-Cvijin5 Hong Wang6 Amir A, Borhani7 Marc B, Schwartz8
Howard M, Dubner8 Scarlett J, Ernst1 Amy Rose1 Yana G, Najjar1 Yasmine Belkaid5
John M, Kirkwood1 Giorgio Trinchieri2‡§ Hassane M, Zarour19‡. Fecal microbiota transplant overcomes resistance to anti-PD-1 therapy in melanoma patients Science. 371(6529) : 595-602, 2021.
- S, Prescott12. C, Dreisbach3 K, Baumgartel2 R, Koerner2 A, Gyamfi4 M, Canellas2 A, St, Fleur2 W, A, Henderson45 and G, Trinchieri. Prescott, S, Dreisbach, C., Baumgartel, K., Koerner, R., Gyamfi, A., Canellas, M., St Fleur, A., Henderson, W. A., & Trinchieri, G. (2021). Impact of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis on offspring microbiota Frontiers in Pediatrics. 9(7540) , 2021.
- KelseyCaroline PrescottStephanieM McCullochJohn TrinchieriGiorgio AlladaresTara DreisbachCaitlin AlhusenJeanne GrossmannTobia. Gut microbiota composition is linked to newborn functional brain connectivity and behavioral temperament Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 91: 472-486, 2021.
- Caitlin Dreisbach 1 2 Stephanie Prescott 1 3 Jeanne Alhusen . Influence of maternal prepregnancy obesity and excessive gestational weight gain on maternal and child gastrointestinal microbiome composition: a systematic review Biological Research for Nursing. 22(1) : 114-125, 2020.