Faculty & Staff Directory
Stephanie Prescott, PhD, NNP-BC, RN
Assistant Professor (Research), College of Nursing
Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Neonatology
"Learn everyday. Be passionate about acquiring knowledge. Be generous with sharing it."
- PhD, Nursing, University of Virginia, 2019
- MSN, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2010
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Metabolic Regulation and Disorders
- Women & Children's Health
- I am an Assistant Professor in the College of Nursing and the Assistant Director of the Biobehavioral lab. I have been a practicing neonatal nurse practitioner since 2010. My doctoral training was funded by the University of Virginia in partnership the NINR. My research focus was perinatal antibiotic exposure and consequences to the maternal and neonatal microbiota. My postdoctoral training in the Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology under the mentorship of Dr. Giorgio Trinchieri at NCI, NIH. My post-doctoral research focused on the effects of microbiota perturbations during early life and the resultant effects on response to immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy in melanoma.My experience with critically ill neonates, bedside nursing, nursing education, and data analysis that incorporates clinical outcomes with big data makes me particularly well suited to understanding the clinical implications of AI-generated prediction models.