Skip to Main Content
Faculty & Staff
* (Nursing Faculty Profile)
Candace Burns, PhD, MS, APRN, FAAOHN
Professor, COPH Dean's Office
Professor, College of Nursing
- PHD, University of Michigan, 1980
- Effects of trauma on the immune system and health
- Occupational Stress
- Veterans with PTSD symptoms
- ADVISOR - Ph.D. and DNP
- Dr. Burns has secured over $14 million in NIH T42 Center and HRSA funding.
- She is nationally recognized for her expertise in interdisciplinary training.
- She is a frequent grant reviewer for HRSA and a CCNE nursing program accreditation evaluator and site visitor.