Faculty & Staff Directory
Denise Maguire, PhD, RN, CNL, FAAN
Vice Dean, Graduate Programs
- PHD, University of Florida, 2000
- MS, Parent-Child Nursing, Boston University, 1984
- BS, Nursing, Niagara University, 1976
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Dr. Maguire is currently investigating the microbiome of infants exposed in utero to opioids, as well as the impact of skin-to-skin care on infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome.
- If you are interested in using the Finnegan Neonatal Abstinence Withdrawal Scale: Short Form, please contact me.
- Fellow (American Academy of Nursing - 2017)
- Outstanding Undergradute Teaching Award (University of South Florida - 2014)
- Outstanding New Investigator Award (USF College of Nursing - 2013)
- Research Award (Southern Nurses Research Society - 2012)
- SNRS (Florida State Liasion, 2014 - Present)
- National League for Nursing (Member, 2007 - Present)
- SNRS (Member, 1995 - Present)
- Sigma Theta Tau International (Member, 1990 - Present)
- Ntl Assoc of Neonatal Nurses (Member, 1989 - Present)
- Morse S, Groer M, Shelton MM, Maguire D, Ashmeade T. A Systematic Review: The Utility of the Revised Version of the Score for Neonatal Acute Physiology Among Critically Ill Neonates. The Journal of perinatal & neonatal nursing. 29(4) : 315-44; quiz E2http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26505848
- Maguire, D. Using a clinical collaborative model for nursing education: Application for clinical teaching Nurse Educator. 2(37) : 80-85
- Maguire D. Care of the infant with neonatal abstinence syndrome: strength of the evidence. The Journal of perinatal & neonatal nursing. 28(3) : 204-11; quiz E3-4http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25062522
- Maguire DJ, Taylor S, Armstrong K, Shaffer-Hudkins E, DeBate R, Germain AM, Brooks SS. Characteristics of Maternal-Infant Interaction During Treatment for Opioid Withdrawal. Neonatal network : NN. 35(5) : 297-304, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27636694
- Maguire D, Gröer M. Neonatal abstinence syndrome and the gastrointestinal tract. Medical hypotheses. 97: 11-15, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27876117
- Maguire DJ, Taylor S, Armstrong K, Shaffer-Hudkins E, Germain AM, Brooks SS, Cline GJ, Clark L. Long-Term Outcomes of Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. Neonatal network : NN. 35(5) : 277-86, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27636691
- Maguire DJ, Rowe MA, Spring H, Elliott AF. Patterns of Disruptive Feeding Behaviors in Infants With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. Advances in neonatal care : official journal of the National Association of Neonatal Nurses. 15(6) : 429-39; quiz E1-2, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26308605
- Maguire, D. Drug addiction in pregnancy: Disease not moral failure Neonatal Network. 7(32) : 11-18, 2014.
- Maguire, D. Validation of the Finnegan Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Tool: Short Form Advances in Neonatal Care. 3(6) : 430-37, 2014.
- Webb, M., Passmore, D., Cline, G. & Maguire, D. Ethical issues related to caring for low birthweight infants Nursing Ethics. , 2014.
- Maguire, D. Mothers on methadone: Care in the NICU Neonatal Network. 6(32) : 409-15, 2013.
- Maguire, D. Clinician perceptions of a changing hospital environment Health Environments Research & Design. 3(6) : 69-79, 2013.
- Maguire, D. NICU nurses lived experience: Caring for infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome Advances in Neonatal Care. 5(12) : 281-85, 2012.
- FEEDING INTERVENTION FOR INFANTS WITH NEONATAL SYNDROME (NAS) (Order Total: 5000, 10/1/2015 12:00:00 AM - 7/1/2016 12:00:00 AM)
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN NURSES EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND PATIENT OUTCOMES (KUTASH, MARY ) (Order Total: 5000, 6/17/2014 12:00:00 AM - 6/16/2015 12:00:00 AM)
- INTERACTION BETWEEN INFANTS WITH NEONATAL ABSTINENCE SYNDROME AND THEIR MOTHERS (Order Total: 7500, 3/8/2013 12:00:00 AM - 3/7/2014 12:00:00 AM)
- PRE-ENTRY IMMERSION PROGRAM (Order Total: 200, 9/1/2010 12:00:00 AM - 7/30/2012 12:00:00 AM)
- PRE-ENTRY IMMERSION PROGRAM (Order Total: 5000, 9/1/2010 12:00:00 AM - 7/30/2012 12:00:00 AM)
- NIFTY: NURSING IN FOUR SEMESTERS (Order Total: 80000, 9/1/2010 12:00:00 AM - 8/31/2011 12:00:00 AM)
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: LUNCH WITH LEADERS (Order Total: 1000, 3/1/2009 12:00:00 AM - 12/31/2009 12:00:00 AM)
- RWJF NEW CAREERS IN NURSING (Order Total: 100000, 9/1/2008 12:00:00 AM - 8/31/2009 12:00:00 AM)