Faculty & Staff Directory
Allyson Duffy, PhD, RN
Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
- PhD, Nursing Science, University of South Florida, 2013
- MSN, Nursing, University of South Florida, 2011
- BS, Nursing, University of South Florida, 2008
- Stress response during pregnancy
- Women’s responses to infectious diseases
- Perinatal and postnatal outcomes in mothers and infants
- HSR&D Postdoctoral Fellowship (Department of Veterans’ Affairs - 2016)
- HSR&D Postdoctoral Fellowship (Department of Veterans’ Affairs - 2015)
- Patient Safety Fellowship (Department of Veterans’ Affairs Interprofessional Fellowship Program - 2014)
- HSR&D Postdoctoral Fellowship (Department of Veterans’ Affairs - 2014)
- Patient Safety Fellowship (Department of Veterans’ Affairs Interprofessional Fellowship Program - 2013)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (Member, 2017 - Present)
- Southern Nursing Research Society (Member, 2016 - Present)
- Psychoneuroimmunology Research Society (Member, 2011 - Present)
- Sigma Theta Tau (Member, 2008 - Present)
- Florida Nurses Association (Member, 2006 - Present)
- Chavez M, Duffy A, Rugs D, Cowan L, Morgan S, & Powell-Cope G, Pressure injury documentation practices in the Department of Veteran Affairs: A quality improvement project. Journal of Wound Ostomy & Continence Nursing. : 46(1), 18-24, 2019.
- Mason T, M, & Duffy A, R, Complicated grief and cortisol response: An integrative review of the literature. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association. : (Accepted), 2018.
- Redwine L, S, Pung M, Wilson K, Chinh K, & Duffy A, R, Differential inflammation factors associated with cognitive function in patients with heart failure. Neuroimmunomodulation. : 25(3), 146-152, 2018.
- Duffy A, R, Schminkey D, Dutra S, Shelton M, & Groer M, W, Comparison of hair cortisol and perceived stress in mothers who deliver preterm and term. Biological Research for Nursing. : 20(3), 292-299, 2018.
- Groer M, W, Fuchs D, Duffy A, R, Jacques A, L, D’Agata A, & Postolache T, Associations between obesity, inflammation, and tryptophan catabolism in pregnancy. Biological Research for Nursing. : 20(3), 284-291, 2018.
- Wadhawan A, Dagdag A, Duffy A, Daue M, L, Ryan K, A, Brenner L, A, Stiller J, W, Pollin T, I, Groer M, W, Huang X, Lowry C, A, Mitchell B, D, & Postolache T, T, Positive association between Toxoplasma gondii IgG serointensity and current dysphoria/ hopelessness scores in the Old Order Amish: A preliminary study. Pteridines. : 28(3-4), 185-194, 2017.
- Beckie T, M, Duffy A, R, & Groer M, W, The relationship between allostatic load and psychosocial characteristics among Women Veterans. Women’s Health Issues. : 26(5), 555-63, 2016.
- Haun J, Duffy A, Lind J, Kisala P, & Luther S, Qualitative inquiry explores health-related quality of life of female veterans with PTSD. Journal of Women’s Health. : 181(11), e1470-e1475, 2016.
- Groer M, W, Ashmeade T, Duffy A, Morse S, & Zarritt J, Immune components of preterm human milk: Changes over time and associations with maternal and infant characteristics. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing. : 45(5), 639-48, 2016.
- Groer M, Kostas-Polston E, Dillahunt-Aspillaga C, Beckie T, Johnson-Mallard V, Duffy A, & Evans M, Allostatic perspectives in women veterans with a history of childhood sexual assault. Biological Research for Nursing. : 18(4), 454-64, 2015.
- Groer M, Duffy A, Kane B, & Hazlett M, Relationship of PTSD Symptoms with Combat Exposure, Stress and Inflammation in American Soldiers. Biological Research for Nursing. : 17(3):303-310, 2015.
- Duffy A, Beckie T, Brenner L, Beckstead J, Seyfang A, Postolache T, Groer M, Relationship between Toxoplasma gondii and mood disturbance in women veterans. Military Medicine. : 180(6):621-625, 2015.
- Groer M, Duffy A, Morse, S, Kane B, Zaritt J, Roberts S, & Ashmeade T, Cytokines, Chemokines and Growth Factors in Banked Human Donor Milk for Preterm Infants. Journal of Human Lactation. : 30(3), 317-323, 2014.