Faculty & Staff Directory
Teresa Gore, PhD DNP FNP-BC NP-C CHSE-A FAAN
Assistant Dean of Experiential Learning/Simulation, Nursing
Technical and Paraprofessional, College of Medicine Pediatrics
"To advance the science and strategies of healthcare education, including experiential interprofessional education in academe and practice at USF Health and our partners to improve patient safety and outcomes."
- PhD, Adult Education, Auburn University, 2014
- Certificate, Simulation Education, Bryan LGH College of Health Sciences, 2010
- DNP, Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2009
- FNP, Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Alabama Birmingham, 2009
- MSN, Nursing, University of Phoenix, 2001
- BSN, Nursing, Jacksonville State University, 1987
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Fellow in American Academy of Nursing (American Academy of Nursing - 2018)
- Spirit of Interprofessionalism (USF School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitative Sciences - 2017)
- Marie L. O'Koren Alumni Award for Innovation in Teaching (Nursing Chapter of UAB Alumni Society - 2013)
- Outstanding Faculty Award (Auburn SGA - 2013)
- Outstanding Faculty Award (Auburn SGA - 2010)
- Outstanding Faculty Member (UAH College of Nursing - 2004)
- American Academy of Nursing (Fellow, 2018 - Present)
- SNRS (Member, 2015 - Present)
- FSNA (Member, 2015 - Present)
- AANP (Member, 2015 - Present)
- Phi Beta Phi Honor Society (Member, 2014 - Present)
- SSH (Member - Committee Member, 2010 - Present)
- ANA (Member, 2010 - Present)
- INACSL (Member, 2007 - Present)
- Sigma Theta Tau International (Member, 2001 - Present)
- INACSL (Board of Director & President, 2008 - 2018)
- Howard, V., Leighton, K., & Gore, T. Simulation in Healthcare Education In R. Nelson & N. Staggers (Eds.). Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach. : 454-471
- Gore, T. N. & Lioce, L. Creating effective simulation environments In B. Ulrich & B. Mancini, (Eds.). Mastering Simulation: A Handbook for Success. : 49-86
- Kardong-Edgren S, Gore T, Waxman K, T, & Willhaus J, . Sharing student performance information in simulation: A debate. Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 17: 58-62
- Gore T, Lutz R, Bernard R, O, & Hernandez I, . Home health simulation to meet the geriatric competencies for baccalaureate nursing. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 9(1) : 27-31, 2019.
- Gore, T. Auburn University School of Nursing simulation program Auburn Speaks on Cyber. : 32-37, 2015.
- Gore, T., Johnson, T. L., & Wang, C. Teaching leadership concepts in a multiple patient simulation scenario International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. 12(1) , 2015.
- Hunt, C. W., Curtis, A., & Gore, T. Using simulation to promote professional development of clinical instructors Journal of Journal of Nursing EducationNursing Education. , 2015.
- Pope, W. S., Baggett, S. K., Dubois, E. J. Martin, C. & Gore, T. Using visualization in simulation for infection control Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 10(12) : 598-604, 2014.
- Rutherford-Hemming, T., Kardong-Edgren, S. Gore, T., Ravert, P., & Rizzolo, M. A. High-Stakes evaluation: Five years later Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 10(12) : 605-610, 2014.
- Gore, T., Leighton, K., Sanderson, B., & Wang, C. Fidelity’s effect on student perceived preparedness for patient care. Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 10(6) : e309-e315, 2014.
- Baggett, S. K., Gore, T., Sanderson, B. K., & Sankar, C. Teaching consistent hand hygiene: How can we improve? Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 4(1) : 200-207, 2014.
- Gore, T. & Schuessler, J.B. Simulation policy development: Lesson learned Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 9(8) : e319-e322, 2013.
- Pope, W. S., Gore, T., Renfroe, K. C. Innovative teaching strategy for maintaining academic integrity in simulation. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 3(7) : 30-35, 2013.