Faculty & Staff Directory
Alicia G. Rossiter, DNP, FNP, PPCNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN
Program Director, V-Care, Undergraduate Program
Nursing, Military Liaison
Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
- DNP, Nursing, University of South Florida, 2015
- MS, Nursing, University of South Florida, 1996
- BS, Nursing, University of Alabama, 1987
- Women Veteran Health Issues with a focus on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder secondary to Military Sexual Trauma. Impact of parental military service on military connected children. Transitioning needs of medics and corpsmen into the professional nursing role.
- Fellow American Academy of Nursing (American Academy of Nursing - 2018)
- Fellow American Association of Nurse Practitioners (American Association of Nurse Practitioners - 2014)
- Heroes at Work (Tampa Bay Business Journal - 2014)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners State Award of Excellence for Florida recipient (American Association of Nurse Practitioners - 2013)
- Bob Woodward Jonas Veteran Healthcare Scholar (Jonas Foundation - 2012)
- Florida Nurse Practitioner Network (Member, 2011 - Present)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (Member, 2010 - Present)
- Hamilton L, A, Ling C, G, 7 Rossiter A, . Impact of parental military service on the health of military connected children. Journal of Pediatric Healthcare. 32(6) : 634-638, 2018.
- Rossiter A, G, Patrician P, A, Dumas M, A, Ling C, G, Johnson H, L, & Wilmoth M, C, . I Serve 2: Identifying and caring for military children in civilian primary care settings. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. , 2018.
- Lockett T, L, Hickman K, L, Fils B, J, Lomonaco M, Maye J, P, & Rossiter A, G, . Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Kit Distribution: A Quality Improvement Educational Program in the Primary Care Setting. Journal of Addiction Nursing. 29(3) : 157-162, 2018.
- Morrison-Beedy D, and Rossiter A, G, . Next set of orders: Best practices for academia to ensure veteran student success and military/veteran focus. Nurse Education Today. 66: 175-178, 2018.
- Oerther S, Hallowell S, Rossiter A, G, & Gross D, . The American Academy of Nursing Jonas Policy Scholars program: Mentoring future nurse leaders to advance health policy. Journal of Advanced Nursing.. , 2018.
- Cogan A, M, Cervelli L, Dillahunt-Aspillaga T, & Rossiter A, G, . Treating military service members and veterans in the private sector: Information and resources for clinicians. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 99(12) : 2659-2661, 2018.
- D’Aoust R, F, Rossiter A, G, Elliott A, E, Ji M, Lengacher C, Groer . Women veterans, a population at risk for fibromyalgia: The associations between fibromyalgia,symptoms and quality of life. Military Medicine. 182(7) : e1828-e1835, 2017.
- Rossiter A, G, Morrison-Beedy D, Capper T, & D’Aoust R, F, . Meeting the needs of the 21st century veteran: Development of an evidence-based online veteran healthcare course. Journal of Professional Nursing. , 2017.
- Rossiter A, G, Sabol V, K, & Hicks R, W, . So you want to be a fellow in the American Association of Nurse Practitioners: Navigating the fellowship process to ensure your success. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.. , 2017.
- Rossiter A, G, D’Aoust R, F, Shafer M, R, Martin M, & Kip K, . Accelerated resolution therapy for women veterans experiencing military sexual trauma related post-
traumatic stress disorder. Annals of Psychiatry and Mental Health. 5(4) , 2017.
- Rossiter A, G, D’Aoust R, F, & Shafer M, R, . Military serving at what cost? The effects of
parental service on the wellbeing of our youngest military members. Annual Review of Nursing Research. 34(1) : 109-117, 2016.
- D’Aoust R, F, Rossiter A, G, Itle E, & Clochesy J, . Got your six: Supporting veterans
move into professional nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives. 37(6) : 340-342, 2016.
- Rossiter A, G, Dumas M, A, Wilmoth M, C, & Patrician P, A. I serve 2: Meeting the
needs of military children in civilian practice. Nursing Outlook.. 64(5) : 485-490, 2016.
- D’Aoust R, F, Rossiter A, G, & Clochesy J, . Supporting medics’ and corpsmen’s move
into professional nursing. Nurse Education Today. 47: 10-14, 2016.
- Alicia Gill Rossiter, Lt, Col, USAFR NC, MS, FNP, PNP-BC; Rasheeta Chandler, PhD, FNP-BC. Women Veterans and Divorce: What are the Contributing Factors? Nurse Leader. 11(5) : 51-53, 2013.
- Alicia Gill Rossiter, Lt, Col, USAFR NC, MS, FNP, PNP-BC; Sharlene Smith, MS, ARNP, CPNP. The Invisible Wounds of War: Caring for Women Veterans who have Experienced Military Sexual Trauma Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. : 1-6, 2013.
- Alicia Gill Rossiter, Lt, Col, USAFR NC, MS, FNP, PNP-BC. Gowning and Gloving: What to Use When OR Nurse. 2(6) : 14-15, 2012.
- Rossiter, A.G, Sahebzamani, F.M., Webb, M.S, Groer, M.W. Relationship of Sexual Trauma with the Health of Women Veterans Brain, Barrier, and Immunity. 26(11) , 2012.
- VETERANS TO BSN PROGRAM (Order Total: 287301, 9/1/2013 12:00:00 AM - 8/31/2018 12:00:00 AM)
- VETERANS TO BSN PROGRAM (Order Total: 287301, 9/1/2013 12:00:00 AM - 8/31/2017 12:00:00 AM)
- ART with Women Vets with PTSD secondary to MST (Order Total: 10000, 4/21/2016 12:00:00 AM - 4/21/2018 12:00:00 AM)
- VETERANS TO BSN PROGRAM (Order Total: 292811, 9/1/2013 12:00:00 AM - 8/31/2017 12:00:00 AM)