Faculty & Staff Directory
Constance Visovsky, PhD, RN, ACNP, FAAN
Associate Dean, College of Nursing
Assoc Professor, College of Nursing
"Dr. Visovsky is a researcher and oncology nurse practitioner with an interest in the neurotoxic and myotoxic effects of chemotherapy."
- PhD, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, 2002
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Environmental & Global Health
- Chemotherapy induced neuropathy, Oncology, and Physical Activity/Exercise.
- Her current research study investigates the efficacy and feasibility of a home-based resistance program for ameliorating neuromuscular fatigue and weakness in women undergoing chemotherapy for the treatment of breast cancer.
- Visovsky, C. Bovaird, J., Tofthagen, C., & Rice, J. (in press). Heading off peripheral neuropathy with exercise. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. , 2014.
- Visovsky, C. (in press). Treatment considerations for the management of patients with hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology.. , 2014.
- Visovsky, C., Berger, A. & Hertzog, M. & Rice, J. (in press). Physical activities, physical and mental health, sleep and fatigue among women with breast cancer: A breast cancer registry study. J of Oncology Navigation and Survivorship.. , 2014.
- Tofthagen C, Gonzalez L, Visovsky C, Akers A. Self-management of oxaliplatin-related peripheral neuropathy in colorectal cancer survivors. Chemotherapy research and practice. 2013: 547932, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24062949
- Tofthagen C, Visovsky CM, Hopgood R. Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: an algorithm to guide nursing management. Clinical journal of oncology nursing. 17(2) : 138-44, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23538249
- Tofthagen, C., Gonzalez, L., Visovsky, C., & Akers, A. Self-management of oxaliplatin- related peripheral neuropathy in colorectal cancer survivors. Chemotherapy Research and Practice.. , 2013.
- Visovsky, C. Kip, K Rice, Hardwick, M & Hall, P. Comparing the gold standard: An evaluation of two activity monitors in healthy women. Journal of Novel Physiotherapies Journal of Novel Physiotherapies. 5(3) , 2013.
- Visovsky, C. Challenges in the conduct of research: Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology.. 5(4) : 369-71, 2013.
- Tofthagen, C. & Visovsky, C. Peripheral neuropathy caused by paclitaxel and docetaxel: A detailed evaluation and comparison of symptoms. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. (4) : 204-14, 2013.
- Becher, J. & Visovsky, C. Horizontal violence in nursing. MedSurg Nursing. 4(21) : 210-14, 2012.
- Beusterien, KM, Grinspan, J, Tencer, T, Brufsky, A, Visovsky, C. Patient preferences for chemotherapy in breast cancer. International Journal of Women’s Health. (4) : 279-87, 2012.
- Visovsky, C. Acupuncture for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. 3(3) : 178-80, 2012.
- Visovsky, C. Haas, M., Faiman, B., Kurtin, S., Shaftic, A. Nurse self-evaluation of
assessment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in patients with cancer. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology, 3(5),319-325.. 5(3) : 319-25, 2012.
- Berger, A.M., Visovsky, C., Hertzog, M., Holtz, S. & Loberizo, F. Usual and worst symptom severity and interference with function in breast cancer survivors. Journal of Supportive Oncology.. 3(10) : 112-18, 2012.
- Tofthagen C, Visovsky C, Berry DL. Strength and balance training for adults with peripheral neuropathy and high risk of fall: current evidence and implications for future research. Oncology nursing forum. 39(5) : E416-24, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22940521
- Stark L, Tofthagen C, Visovsky C, McMillan SC. The Symptom Experience of Patients with Cancer. Journal of hospice and palliative nursing : JHPN : the official journal of the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association. 14(1) : 61-70, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22639548