Faculty & Staff Directory
Constance Visovsky, PhD, RN, ACNP, FAAN
Director, College of Nursing
Director of Diversity, College of Nursing
Professor, College of Nursing
"NOTE: Accepting PhD Students"
- PhD, Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, 2002
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Chemotherapy induced neuropathy, Oncology, and Physical Activity/Exercise.
- Dr. Visovsky's current research study investigates the effectiveness of a home-based gait/balance and aerobic exercise program for women with treated for breast cancer who have long tern peripheral neuropathy resulting from chemotherapy.
- A researcher and oncology nurse practitioner with an interest in the neurotoxic and myotoxic effects of chemotherapy.
- Fulbright Global Scholar Award (Fulbright Scholar Program - 2018)
- Global Achievement Award (University of South Florida - 2016)
- Fellow (American Academy of Nursing - 2016)
- Clinical Article of the Year (University of South Florida, College of Nursing - 2016)
- Scholarly Writing Award (University of South Florida College of Nursing - 2015)
- Mentor in Research Award (University of South Florida, College of Nursing - 2015)
- Wang HL, McMillan SC, Vijayakumar N, McDonald S, Huang LT, Gwede C, Padhya T, Russell J, Vondruska K, Buck HG, Huang Y, Visovsky C. A Behavioral Physical Activity Intervention to Manage Moderate and Severe Fatigue Among Head and Neck Cancer Patients-Pre-efficacy Study in the National Institutes of Health ORBIT Model. Cancer nursing. 42(1) : E1-E14http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29461282
- Visovsky C. Treatment Considerations for the Management of Patients With Hormone Receptor-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer. Journal of the advanced practitioner in oncology. 5(5) : 321-30http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26114012
- McGhee S, Visovsky C, & Zambroski C, & Finnegan A, . Lyme’s disease: recognition and management for emergency nurses. Emergency Nurse. : 26(3), 17-34, 2018.
- Tofthagen C, Visovsky C, Eckelman E, Clatterbuck B, Leggatt M, Buck H. Starting a nurse-led clinic for patients with peripheral neuropathy. Nursing. 48(8) : 39-42, 2018. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30045238
- Visovsky C, Maguire DJ, Zambroski C, Palacios L. Bringing Evidence-Based Practice to Latin America: Transforming Nursing Education and Practice. Journal of continuing education in nursing. 48(11) : 512-516, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29083459
- Kurtin S, E, Visovsky C, Brady E, D, & Brody A. SMARTIE: A novel initiative to evaluate the impact of advanced practitioner continuing education. J. Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. : 8 (7), 776-78, 2017.
- Wang H, Ji M, Visovsky C, Rodriguez C, S, Elliott A, F, Gwede C, K, Padhya T, Ridley M, B, & McMillan S, C, . Clinically relevant four-level cancer-related fatigue among patients with various types of cancer. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. : 7, 23-37, 2016.
- Visovsky C. Treatment options and considerations for optimizing quality of life in patients with hormone-responsive metastatic breast cancer. ADVANCE for NPs and PAs.. , 2016.
- Visovsky C, McGhee S, Clochesy JM, Zambroski C. Zika virus: emergency and aftercare of patients. Emergency nurse : the journal of the RCN Accident and Emergency Nursing Association. 24(4) : 20-3, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27384803
- Visovsky C, Beedy DM. A template for building global partnerships: The Joining Forces conference goes across the Atlantic from the US to the UK. Nurse education today. 47: 99-100, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26926427
- Wang HL, Visovsky C, Ji M, Groer M. Stress-related biobehavioral responses, symptoms, and physical activity among female veterans in the community: An exploratory study. Nurse education today. 47: 2-9, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27372810
- Visovsky C, McGhee S, Jordan E, Dominic S, Morrison-Beedy D. Planning and executing a global health experience for undergraduate nursing students: A comprehensive guide to creating global citizens. Nurse education today. 40: 29-32, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27125146
- Visovsky C, & Corripio J. Feasibility and acceptability of a resistance exercise intervention for women undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. Nursing & Health. : 3(5), 110-119, 2015.
- Visovsky, C. (in press). Treatment considerations for the management of patients with hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology.. , 2014.
- Visovsky, C., Berger, A. & Hertzog, M. & Rice, J. (in press). Physical activities, physical and mental health, sleep and fatigue among women with breast cancer: A breast cancer registry study. J of Oncology Navigation and Survivorship.. , 2014.
- Visovsky, C. Bovaird, J., Tofthagen, C., & Rice, J. (in press). Heading off peripheral neuropathy with exercise. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. , 2014.
- Tofthagen, C., Gonzalez, L., Visovsky, C., & Akers, A. Self-management of oxaliplatin- related peripheral neuropathy in colorectal cancer survivors. Chemotherapy Research and Practice.. , 2013.
- Visovsky, C. Kip, K Rice, Hardwick, M & Hall, P. Comparing the gold standard: An evaluation of two activity monitors in healthy women. Journal of Novel Physiotherapies Journal of Novel Physiotherapies. 5(3) , 2013.
- Visovsky, C. Challenges in the conduct of research: Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology.. 5(4) : 369-71, 2013.
- Tofthagen, C. & Visovsky, C. Peripheral neuropathy caused by paclitaxel and docetaxel: A detailed evaluation and comparison of symptoms. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. (4) : 204-14, 2013.
- Tofthagen C, Gonzalez L, Visovsky C, Akers A. Self-management of oxaliplatin-related peripheral neuropathy in colorectal cancer survivors. Chemotherapy research and practice. 2013: 547932, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24062949
- Tofthagen C, Visovsky CM, Hopgood R. Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: an algorithm to guide nursing management. Clinical journal of oncology nursing. 17(2) : 138-44, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23538249
- Beusterien, KM, Grinspan, J, Tencer, T, Brufsky, A, Visovsky, C. Patient preferences for chemotherapy in breast cancer. International Journal of Women’s Health. (4) : 279-87, 2012.
- Becher, J. & Visovsky, C. Horizontal violence in nursing. MedSurg Nursing. 4(21) : 210-14, 2012.
- Visovsky, C. Acupuncture for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology. 3(3) : 178-80, 2012.
- Visovsky, C. Haas, M., Faiman, B., Kurtin, S., Shaftic, A. Nurse self-evaluation of
assessment of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in patients with cancer. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology, 3(5),319-325.. 5(3) : 319-25, 2012.
- Stark L, Tofthagen C, Visovsky C, McMillan SC. The Symptom Experience of Patients with Cancer. Journal of hospice and palliative nursing : JHPN : the official journal of the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association. 14(1) : 61-70, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22639548
- Tofthagen C, Visovsky C, Berry DL. Strength and balance training for adults with peripheral neuropathy and high risk of fall: current evidence and implications for future research. Oncology nursing forum. 39(5) : E416-24, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22940521
- Berger, A.M., Visovsky, C., Hertzog, M., Holtz, S. & Loberizo, F. Usual and worst symptom severity and interference with function in breast cancer survivors. Journal of Supportive Oncology.. 3(10) : 112-18, 2012.
- HOME-BASED PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INTERVENTION FOR TAXANE-INDUCED CIPN (Order Total: 460153, 1568851200000 - 1722384000000)
- Building Nursing Research Capacity in Panama (Order Total: 5000, 1514764800000 - 1577750400000)