Faculty & Staff Directory
Jessica Gordon, PhD, APRN, CPNP-PC
Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
"NOTE: Accepting PhD Students"
- PhD, Nursing, University of South Florida, 2015
- MS, Nursing, University of South Florida, 2007
- BS, Nursing, University of Arizona, 2001
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Maternal-Child Health
- Biobehavioral Methods
- Infant-Family Mental Health
- Dr. Gordon is currently studying the effects of skin-to-skin contact on maternal child attachment and stress, in addition to the association of the preterm infant gut microbiome on child development and behavioral outcomes at 2 and 4 years of age.
- Latinos Award (University of South Florida Status of Latinos - 2018)
- Innovative Chapter of the Year (American Psychiatric Nurses Association - 2018)
- Oral Presentation Finalist (USF Health Annual Joseph Krzanowski, PhD, USF Health Invited Oral Presentations Session - 2016)
- Rising Star Poster Presenter (Sigma Theta Tau International - 2014)
- Dissertation (SNRS) Award Grant (Southern Nurse’s Research Society - 2014)
- Oral Presentation Finalist (USF Health Vice President’s Award for Outstanding Graduate Student - 2013)
- Graduate Fellowship Award (USF College of Nursing - 2012)
- Graduate Fellowship Award (USF College of Nursing - 2011)
- Maternal-Child Health Leadership Academy (Sigma Theta Tau - 2008)
- Clinical Nursing Excellence Award (St. Joseph’s Woman’s Hospital - 2003)
- Zuber Endowed Scholarship of Nursing Award (University of Arizona, College of Nursing - 2000)
- Deans Academic Award Scholarship (University of Arizona, College of Nursing - 1997)
- Gordon J, Proschold K, Harville C, Dutra S & Groer MA, Replicable Model of Recruitment for Longitudinal Research of Preterm Infants. Nursing Research. : Accepted Jan, 2019.
- Gordon J. Basal Salivary Oxytocin and Skin to Skin Contact among Lactating Mothers with Premature Infants. Proquest Dissertation Database. , 2015.
- Gordon J, Wyble L, & Groer M, Skin to Skin Contact and Salivary Oxytocin among Lactating Mothers of Premature Infants. Breastfeeding Medicine. : October Supplement Edition; 10(1): S-8, 2015.
- Gordon J, An Evidence Based Approach for Supporting Parents Experiencing Chronic Sorrow. Pediatric Nursing. : Mar-Apr; 35(2):115-9, 2009.