Protocol for Collaborative Agreements - USF Faculty
If you are a USF Health faculty member wishing to initiate a Collaborative Agreement between USF and another institution, please follow the instructions below.
- First, contact your College’s International office to discuss your interest in initiating a new collaborative agreement between USF Health and an international institution.
- Once approved, your College’s International office will direct communications to Cristienn Joudaane, Director of International Programs- USF Health International (email@example.com or 813-974-4003) who will facilitate completion of the collaborative agreement process and will first provide you with a copy of the USF Health Review Form.
- Complete the Review Form by providing partner institution information as well as answer all general background questions. Obtain the signatures of the: Faculty Initiator, Department Chair, Assoc Dean/Committee Chair of International-College, and College Dean and submit to USF Health International (firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-4003).
- USF Health International will review the information provided and verify the clearance of partner institution with Export Control. Once approved, USF Health International will provide template of the USF Health General Collaborative Agreement to the faculty initiator and will work with faculty initiator and partners, as required, for mutual consent, legal approval and execution.
- We recommend faculty initiators send copies of the General Agreement to the partner institution for review and verbal approval before obtaining any original signatures.
- Two originals of the General Agreement for Collaboration are required. If the partnership is in a country who primary language is not English, there will need to be 2 originals in English and 2 originals in that country’s primary language.
- Send (2) originals of the General Agreement to:
USF Health International c/o Ms. Cristienn Joudaane
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. – MDC 98, Tampa, FL 33612
- USF Health International will obtain approval from the USF General Counsel and remaining internal signatures and will inform faculty initiator once complete.
- The two originals of the General Agreement will then be ready to mail or be hand delivered to the partner institution by the faculty initiator for respective signatures.
- The partner institution shall keep one original copy of the General Agreement and return one original to USF Health International at the above address. UHI will retain the original copy and forward a copy of the agreement to USF World for record.
NOTE- As additional projects are developed in research and education, all will require a separate written agreement (MOU) to outline the terms of the specific project. A General Collaborative Agreement is first required, prior to establishment of an MOU.