Faculty & Staff Directory
Susan Kennel, PhD, PNP
Assistant Professor, College of Nursing
- PHD, University of Virgina, 2005
- MSN, Primary Care Young Families Track, University of Pennsylvania, 1991
- BSN, Nursing, Millersville University of Pennsylvania, 1981
- Fellow (Fel American Academy of Nurse Practitioners - 2013)
- Selected Participant, Institute for Academic Leadership (The Florida State University - 2010)
- Excellence in Teaching Award (University of Virginia School of Nursing - 2007)
- Selected Participant, Leadership in Academic Nursing Program (American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Helene Fuld Health Trust Fund - 2006)
- FAANP Selection Committee, American Association of Nurse Practitioners (Member, 2013 - Present)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (Member, 2011 - Present)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (Member, 2005 - Present)
- Developmental Behavioral and Mental Health Special Interest Group, National Association of Pediatric (Secretary, 2009 - 2013)
- Chen, C., Beckstead, J., Kennel, S. & Evans, M. Self-concept in Taiwanese Adolescents with congenital heart disease. Pediatrics International. 2(53) : 168-174
- Kennel, S. Ain’t No Sunshine-Finding the best solution for
seasonal affective disorder National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Ready, Set, Grow. , 2014.
- Kennel, S. Stay Focused-Helping the child with ADHD. National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Ready, Set, Grow. : 72-72, 2013.
- Kennel, S. Helping Teens Cope with Acne National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Ready, Set, Grow. , 2011.
- Kennel, S. Taylor, A., & Bourguignon, C. ). Pilot Feasibility
Study of Binaural Auditory Beats for Reducing Symptoms of Inattention in Children and Adolescents with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Journal of Pediatric Nursing-Nursing Care of Children and Families. (25) : 3-11, 2010.
- Kennel, S., Burns, S. & Horn, H. Pairing Nursing Students with Practicing Clinicians to Increase Research in the Clinical Setting. ournal of Nursing Education. 4(48) : 209-2012, 2009.
- Kennel, S., & Maxwell-Thompson, C. Vulnerable Populations. In Stanhope, M. & Lancaster, J. 5th edition. Community & Public Health Nursing. : 711-733, 2008.
- Pairing Nursing Students with Practicing Clinicia (Order Total: 15000, 6/4/2004 12:00:00 AM - 6/4/2005 12:00:00 AM)