Carina Rodriguez, MD
Division Chief, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Director, Pediatric Tuberculosis Clinic
17 Davis Blvd., Suite 200
Tampa FL 33606
- MD, University of Buenos Aires, 1992
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Women & Children's Health
- Member (Vaccine Committee, IMPAACT, 2009 - Present)
- Member (Society For Pediatric Research, 2009 - Present)
- Member (Section on Infectious Disease, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2007 - Present)
- Member (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 2004 - 2006)
- Member (American Society for Microbiology, 2000 - Present)
- Member (Infectious Disease Society of America, 1999 - Present)
- Member (American Academy of Pediatrics, 1999 - Present)
- Member (Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, 1999 - Present)
- Member (Sociedad Argentina de Pediatria, 1993 - 1999)
- Murphy TK, Patel PD, McGuire JF, Kennel A, Mutch PJ, Parker-Athill EC, Hanks CE, Lewin AB, Storch EA, Toufexis MD, Dadlani GH, Rodriguez CA. Characterization of the pediatric acute-onset neuropsychiatric syndrome phenotype. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. 25(1) : 14-25, 2015.
- Chenneville T, Clutter MO, Hintz S, Walsh A, Emmanuel P, Lujan-Zilberman J, & Rodriguez C. Decisional capacity and medication adherence among youth with HIV. AIDS Care. 27(3) : 338-41, 2015.
- Chenneville T, Walsh A, Lujan-Zilbermann J, Emmanuel E, & Rodriguez CA. Decisional capacity among youth with HIV: results from the MacArthur Competence tool for treatment. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 28(8) : 425-32, 2014.
- Wao H, Wright J, Washington B, & Rodriguez CA. Using brochures as educational tools to promote routine HIV testing in youth. Austin Journal of Pediatrics. 1(2) , 2014.
- Chenneville T, Hintz SM, Tan R, Luján-Zilbermann J, Emmanuel PJ, & Rodriguez CA, . Who cares? Perceptions of the Doctor-Patient Relationship among Youth with HIV. Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Services. 13: 46-58, 2014.
- Yin L, Hou W, Liu L, Cai Y, Wallet MA, Gardner BP, Chang K, Lowe AC, Rodriguez CA, Sriaroon P, Farmerie WG, Sleasman JW, Goodenow MM. IgM Repertoire Biodiversity is Reduced in HIV-1 Infection and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Frontiers in Immunology. 4: 373, 2013.
- Chenneville T, Sibille K, Lujan-Zilbermann J, Rodriguez C, Brown M, Emmanuel P. Medical decisional capacity among children with HIV. AIDS Care. 22(11) : 1359-66, 2010.
- Wallet MA, Rodriguez CA, Yin L, Saporta S, Chinratanapisit S, Hou W, Sleasman JW, Goodenow MM. Microbial translocation induces persistent macrophage activation unrelated to HIV-1 levels or T-cell activation following therapy. AIDS (London, England). 24(9) : 1281-90, 2010.
- Yin L., Kou Z., Rodriguez, C.A., Hou W., Goodenow M., and Sleasman JW. Antiretroviral therapy restores diversity in T cell receptor V² repertoire of CD4 T cells subpopulations among HIV-1 infected children and adolescents Clinical Vaccine Immunology. , 2009.
- Yin L*, Rodriguez, C.A.*, Hou W, Potter O, Caplan M, Goodenow M, Sleasman J.W. Antiretroviral Therapy Corrects HIV-1 Induced Expansion of CD8+CD45RA+CD27+CD11 abright Activated T cells Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 122: 166-172, 2008.
- Rodriguez CA, Koch S, Goodenow M, Sleasman JW. Clinical implications of discordant viral and immune outcomes following protease inhibitor containing antiretroviral therapy for HIV-infected children. Immunologic research. 40(3) : 271-86, 2008.
- Avandhanula V., Rodriguez, C.A., DeVincenzo J., Portner A., Webby R., Ulett G., Adderson E.I. Respiratory viruses augment the adhesion of bacterial pathogens to respiratory epithelium in a viral species-an cell type-dependent manner. Journal of Virology. 80: 1629-1636, 2006.
- Avadhanula V., Rodriguez C.A., Ulett G.C., Adderson E.E. Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae adheres to Intercellular Adhesion Molecule 1 (ICAM-1) on Respiratory Epithelial Cells and Upregulates ICAM-1 Expression. Infection and Immunity. 74: 830-838, 2006.
- Rodriguez, C.A., Atkinson R., Mitchell L., Whitney C.G., Edwards K., Sublett J., Li J., Tiebin L., Hayden R., Chesney, P.J., and Tuomanen E.I. Tolerance to vancomycin in pneumococci: detection with a molecular marker and assessment of clinical impact. Journal of Infectious Diseaese. 190: 1481-1487, 2004.
- Rodriguez, C.A., Avandhanula V., Busher A., Smith A.L., St Geme III J.W., Adderson E.E. Prevalence and distribution of adhesin genes in invasive non-type b encapsulated Haemophilus influenzae. Infection and Immunity. 71: 1635-1642, 2003.
- Member (Society for Pediatric Research - 2010)
- Young Investigator Award (13th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections - 2006)
- McCracken G. Fellowsip Award (Interscience Conference for Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) - 2005)
- Fellow in Training Travel Scholarship Award (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - 2005)
- International Outreach Fellowship (St. Jude Children's Reserach Hospital - 2001)
- McCracken G. Fellowsip Award (Interscience Conference for Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) - 2000)
- Distinction for the highest score among Pediatric Resident Candidates (City and Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina - 1993)
- Honor Medical Diploma (University of Buenos Aires. School of Medicine - 1993)
- Undergraduate Grant (Education and Science Department. Madrid, Spain - 1988)