Please note that Internet Explorer is incompatible with this site.

We recommend upgrading to the latest Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Firefox.

Skip to Main Content

Shared Student Services

DPT Program Withdrawing From Classes

Total Withdraw (Official Withdrawals):
After your official withdraw from all USF courses for a term is processed, you will be notified within 30 days if you owe an immediate repayment of financial aid (e.g. student loans, etc.).

The amount of federal student aid that you must repay is determined by the Federal Formula for Return of Title IV funds (Section 484B of the Higher Education Act). This law also specifies the order in which funds are to be returned to the financial aid programs from which they were awarded, starting with federal student aid loan programs.

  • The repayment amount is determined by multiplying the total federal student aid for which you were eligible to receive by the percentage of time enrolled for a term up to your official withdrawal date or Last Date of Attendance (LDA) in an academic related activity, whichever comes first.
  • If more aid was disbursed than was earned, the amount of Title IV aid that you must return (i.e. not earned) is determined by subtracting the earned amount from the amount actually disbursed.
  • If less aid was disbursed than was earned, you may submit a request to receive a late disbursement for the difference. Your notice will include instructions on how to arrange for a Post Withdrawal Disbursement (PWD).

Repayment & Refunds:
Any institutional refunds (e.g. tuition & fees, housing, etc.) you receive will be applied to any federal student aid repayment amount you owe.

You must request institutional refunds from the corresponding USF department according to their established policy/procedures/contract, etc.

You should not expect to receive any institutional refund until all federal student aid programs are repaid in full for the entire amount paid to you that term. This includes retroactive non-fee liable drops approved by the University Registrar when those hours were included in your enrollment status to initially disbursed federal student aid.