• Education and Research: All content under health.usf.edu/education for Education and health.usf.edu/research for Research
• Patient care: All content under health.usf.edu/care.
The USF Health websites are managed through Sitecore, a Content Management System (CMS) that incorporates technology enabling the implementation of accessibility standards as required by law and is approved by the digital communications team at USF Health.
At USF Health, our goal is to facilitate a strong user experience by optimizing functionality, high impact imagery, and consistent branded messaging. To maintain this brand consistency and ensure a uniform user experience, we have adopted the following guidelines for building, maintaining, editing and curating content on USF Health website pages. Administration and enforcement of these standards is based in USF Health Communications and Marketing, and are in accordance with university guidelines and policies.
Designated staff, who become Sitecore certified will be eligible for the Point of Contact (POC) team within Patient Care and MCOM. The POC team can update and make minor revisions to their respective content, but must work with the USF Health digital team.
• To help ensure brand consistency and current content on the USF Health web pages.
• To serve as a liaison between the departments and the USF Health digital communications team and USF Health IS Technical Support at email@example.com (IS) to update both the Patient Care website and the MCOM website.
• To contact the digital communications team when more extensive revisions to the website are required.
• To contact IS, when assistance or revisions to the website are needed.
To serve as a member of the POC team, department staff are designated by the department chair or administrator. Sitecore training and certification are required to act as a department POC.
The Sitecore certification process includes:
• An account modification request submitted to IS at Account Modification Request Render Login. We recommend submitting an account modification one month prior to training to ensure access for the training session. If an account modification is not submitted, department staff will not be able to attend Sitecore training.
• To request a seat in SiteCore training, the candidate must submit an e-mail to IS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the department name in the registration request.
• Attending one Sitecore training session - available every second Tuesday of the month at FOB from (10 a.m. – Noon)
• After the Sitecore training session, the candidate for POC will be required to successfully complete a test that shows competency in Sitecore to gain certification. We recommend completing the test immediately.
The POC team is responsible for maintaining factual accuracy and adding new information to department website pages such as:
• New Phone Numbers
• Location Changes
• Adding Providers
• Patient Resources- Forms- PDFs- Links to resources
• Photo submissions, if a POC is submitting original images (photos not created by the USF Multi Media Journalist team or staff), please include a completed USF Photo-Video Release Form.
• Content Submission - If a USF Health department is requesting a major revision to the website, the POC will gather information from the experts in their departments and submit content to the USF Health digital communications team. The digital team is responsible for the development and refinement of the content and image selection for the USF Health website.
* All submissions are subject to approval by the USF Health digital communications team.
Once a POC has received their Sitecore certification, access is provided to make changes to the USF Health Patient Care and MCOM websites. For issues, concerns or questions please contact the USF Health digital communications team.
If technical support is necessary submit a ticket to USF IS Health Technical Support (IS), at email@example.com. When submitting a ticket to IS requesting assistance, we recommend taking a screen shot of with the page that requires edits and reference the url’s for clarity.