Preceptors At USF College of Nursing
Graduate nursing education at the USF College of Nursing would not be complete without the contributions from our team of preceptors. Our preceptors are typically administrators, nurse practitioners, physicians, PAs, or other experts in the clinical setting who are paired with one of our exceptional graduate nursing students. The College of Nursing greatly appreciates the time and expertise preceptors share with our students, and recognizes the difference preceptors make in preparing outstanding advanced practice nurses.
See the following information for providers interested in serving as mentors to one of our graduate nursing students:
Benefits to Partner Organization (practice or clinical site):
Precepting students is a great way to vet and orient potential hires; it’s
basically a semester-long job interview. This process reduces recruiting costs,
orientation time, and turn-over for the practice.
Benefits to Preceptor (provider):
- Preceptors may request an Affiliate Faculty appointment in the College of Nursing if they precept on a regular basis. As affiliate faculty, preceptors will enjoy the recognition that accompanies affiliation with the prestigious, nationally ranked USF College of Nursing.
- Preceptors with an affiliate appointment at the College of Nursing qualify for many of the same benefits enjoyed by all USF faculty including:
- Library access with a valid USF ID card. This includes access to all health collections, journals and eResources (Ovid, MedlinePlus, CINHAL, MD Consult, etc.), available through the Shimberg Health Sciences Library.
- Preceptors may receive various exclusive USF discounts for goods, services, and recreation at over 60 area businesses through the USF Employee Perks Program.
- A USF email account with a valid USF ID. Learn more here.
- Nurse practitioner preceptors may use their preceptorship hours toward the Preceptorship requirement for recertification.
Join Our Team of Professionals!
Please contact the following member of our team: