Our division serves as an infectious disease academic center of excellence in Florida. We impact the quality of healthcare statewide by developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with the infectious disease components of all Florida Colleges of Medicine and the statewide Department of Health's County Health Departments.
- 40 full-time faculty members
- Committed to research, teaching, and patient care
- Comprehensive ID Fellowship Training program fully accredited by the Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Fellows receive clinical training as well as education in laboratory and clinical research
- New Transplant ID Fellowship program
- Our faculty oversee tissue banking and operate a number of international programs
- Our faculty hold Chief of Infectious Disease and other important positions at our partner hospitals - including director of the new Global Emerging Diseases Institute (GEDI) at Tampa General Hospital
2023 Healio Honoree Sandra Gompf, MD, FACP, FIDSA
Recognized by their peers, this year's honoree embodies the qualities of POWER: Passionate, Observant, Whole-Hearted, Empathetic, Reliable. Congratulations to USF ID Division's own Professor, Dr. Sandra Gompf, for recognition among 88 2023 Healio Honorees in 38 specialties across 78 institutions.
These superPOWERs are who we are as a Division, and our Faculty are our pillars. ID is a science-based profession that recognizes the whole person with humility and compassion. We love what we do and it shows.Through practice, research and the patient experience, health care professionals are creating a world where people trust them with their lives.
It is an honor for our team to work with Dr. Gompf! We appreciate all you do to contribute to and inspire the medical community.
USF Health Making Life Better