USF Health’s mission is to Make Life Better in the communities we serve by providing excellence in the areas of patient care, education and research. Together, we will be the most trusted and best academic health system in Florida.
At our core, the foundation of USF Health is built upon:
Interprofessionalism: We understand the roles and responsibilities of others while communicating effectively across teams, merging professional expertise, and collaborating to improve health outcomes for our communities.
and Passion: We have a deep awareness and kindness
for all, and a strong enthusiasm for Making Life Better.
Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes, and performance and do the right thing when no one is looking.
Respect and Inclusion: We embrace all diversity and treat one another with dignity and empathy.
Excellence: We perform at the highest level. We are resilient lifelong learners with grit and strive to continuously improve.
1. Create innovative solutions in a world driven by change,
through a commitment to collaboration.
2. Have an unwavering dedication to our students, continuous learning and education, and service to our patients.
3. Value diversity and be inclusive, in all situations, to ensure the highest performing teams.
4. Care about one another by using self and social awareness to recognize emotions and their impact on others, and understanding and appreciating others’ thoughts and feelings.
5. Be courageous and resilient – bravely “show up” for each other and demonstrate fortitude to keep going, even during the toughest of circumstances.
6. Have transparency in who we are. Everyone on the USF Health team understands and communicates our mission and vision, and clearly communicates how that mission and vision impacts individuals and the greater organization. Diverse opinions and all views are encouraged, respected and appreciated.
7. Create an environment for growth. We have committed leaders who encourage and support professional growth; we acknowledge and praise individuals and are dedicated to giving constructive feedback in order to encourage high performance.
8. Be optimistic and assume positive intent.
9. Act with the highest level of integrity and authenticity; we say what we mean, mean what we say, and defend our shared values and principles.
10. Practice good stewardship – we strive to effectively and efficiently manage all resources (people and materials).
Faculty and staff who exemplify the values of USF Health will be recognized and awarded with a culture coin for their outstanding dedication to our mission of Making Life Better through education, research and patient care. Those who receive the culture coin will be featured with a short blog post and photo to be amplified on USF Health’s social media channels.