How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our Psychiatry Residency Program. We have an exciting and competitive program that is designed to train physicians for the general practice of psychiatry, either in private or community settings. We also offer opportunities for further specialized training in:
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
For the General Psychiatry Residency applications are reviewed through ERAS and begin interviewing applicants in October and continue through February.
Our recruitment committee meets weekly and evaluates each completed application. There is no specific requirement for USMLE or COMLEX scores but the committee will take scores into consideration as part of the overall application. Our recruitment committee invites a number of applicants to interview and meet with the program directors, faculty, and residents. Invitations are offered to those applicants who are being seriously considered for an available position.
- Electronic Residency Application Service - ERAS
- Download Psychiatry Post-Graduate Training Program Application
The following is a list of requirements for our PGY-1 program:
- National Resident Match Program number
- Completed Application (through ERAS)
- Personal Statement
- Three current letters of recommendation within the year
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript - (must have passed Step/Level 1 and Step/Level 2.
- ECFMG certificate (foreign medical school graduates only)
- USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident status or J-1 Visa only
- 6 months of U.S. clinical experience
To request an application or If you have any questions in regard to your Psychiatry application, please call our office at (813) 974-2805 or (813) 974-5926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.