Common Pay Source
The Common Pay Source (CPS) was established at USF Health in 1988 to facilitate payroll according to established PGY levels and to ensure equitable benefits to our residents/housestaff in accordance with ACGME rules and regulations. Although residents in the USF Health training programs function in various affiliated hospitals, the residents are employed by the University of South Florida for the residency term and receive benefits provided by USF Health College of Medicine (COM). Specific information on resident benefits – which include health, long- and short-term disability, life/accident, and malpractice insurance, and a counseling-assistance program (RAP) - can be found in the USF Health Housestaff Handbook.
In order to become a board certified, practicing physician, M.D. graduates must complete a graduate medical education (GME) residency training program. GME programs vary from three to six years to complete, depending on the clinical specialty. USF Health sponsors over sixty graduate medical education residency (housestaff) training programs. These programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The ACGME requires, as part of the accreditation criteria, that housestaff are paid uniform salaries and provided with uniform benefits.
- Resident Salary Schedule
- USF Bi-weekly Pay Calendar
GEMS Self-Service – MyUSF Portal
- Access information to Add/update personal information, review payroll and compensation, benefits, and job information
The MCOM Business Office
- Facilitates resident payroll and ensure equitable fringe benefits for more than 700 USF Health MCOM residents
- Manages/maintains monthly invoicing for resident services to affiliates and other funding sources
- Analyzes/forecasts/calculates annual fringe benefits daily rate for affiliates
- Manages/maintains annual Schedules A and A-1 addendums to hospital affiliation agreements
- Manages/maintains master record of resident/fellow funded positions/slots by program, affiliate, and PGY level
- Develops annual FTE projection analysis for USF Health Administration, Graduate Medical Education, and Affiliates
- Manages finance and contract reporting operations within New Innovations Resident Management System
- Collaborates with Graduate Medical Office