- Register for the 3-credit clinical course Public Health Nursing Clinical.
- Costs vary depending on length, and type of program.
- All students are required to pay the entirety of the study abroad program prior to departure
- Program details will be discussed at information sessions held the semester prior to departure.
Anticipated dates of travel: (on hold due to pandemic)
- Scotland, United Kingdom
- Barranquilla, Colombia
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Students must be up-to-date on all Castle Branch requirements (formerly Certified Profile/Background)
- Contact Shawn Afflick, Compliance Officer at email@example.com
- Attend an information session
- Complete and submit the Global Nursing International Program application required for travel
- Included in the application are:
- Personal Goal Statement
- Faculty Recommendations
- If approved, you will receive an email with further instructions
- Pay your deposit and/or balance due as instructed
- Complete the USF World, Education Abroad application via the USF Health Portal
- Login with your USF Net ID and password
- Required documents to complete/upload:
- Passport (current for more than 6 months before expiration date)*
- Emergency contacts
- Code of conduct
- Liability waiver
- Pre-departure orientation
- Travel Insurance information
- Make your payment in OASIS for the mandatory travel insurance:
- After your application has been reviewed and all documentation received, the USF World, Education Abroad Office will enroll you in the university-required, travel and medical evacuation insurance and post the charge to your OASIS account.
- Attend mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation:
- Held approximately four weeks prior to departure.
- Prepares you for clinical experiences abroad
- Reviews language, culture, basic nursing fundamentals and assessments
- See the USF Health International website for additional Travel Processes required prior to traveling
- See also the USF Health International website for important Travel Resources
*Those without U.S. citizenship may need visas for the countries that will be visited.