- Register for the 3-credit clinical course NUR 4636L - Community-Public Health: Population Focused Care
- Costs vary depending on length, type of program and are approximately $3,000. Current costs will be discussed during the information sessions offered each fall.
- All students are required to pay the entirety of the study abroad program prior to departure.
- To secure your place, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required.
- You can pay in full or in 3 payment installments, required prior to departure and includes housing, meals and ground transportation.
- Other expenses not included:
*Personal expenses will vary and will be discussed during the information sessions along with managing a travel budget.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses*
Anticipated dates of travel:
- St. Croix - on hold, due to hurricane damage
- Panama - March 16-30, 2019
- Scotland - January 25 - February 9, 2019; March 22 - April 6, 2019 (two trips)
Travel dates are provided during our Information Sessions held each fall semester. All interested students are required to attend at least one session.
- Students must be up-to-date on all Castle Branch requirements (formerly Certified Profile/Background)
- Contact Shawn Afflick, Compliance Officer at email@example.com
- Attend an Information Session
- Complete and submit the Global Nursing International Program Application required for travel
- Included in the application are:
- Personal Goal Statement
- Faculty Recommendations
- If approved, you will receive an email with further instructions
- Pay your deposit and/or balance due as instructed
- Complete the USF World, Education Abroad application via the USF Health Portal
- Login with your USF Net ID and password
- Required documents to complete/upload:
- Passport (current for more than 6 months before expiration date)*
- Emergency contacts
- Code of conduct
- Liability waiver
- Pre-departure orientation
- Travel Insurance information
- Make your payment in OASIS for the mandatory travel insurance:
- After your application has been reviewed and all documentation received, the USF World, Education Abroad Office will enroll you in the university-required, travel and medical evacuation insurance and post the charge to your OASIS account.
- Attend mandatory Pre-Departure Sessions:
- Held at the beginning of the Spring semester
- Prepares you for clinical experiences abroad
- Reviews language, culture, basic nursing fundamentals and assessments
- See the USF Health International website for additional Travel Processes required prior to traveling
- See also the USF Health International website for important Travel Resources
*Those without U.S. citizenship may need visas for the countries that will be visited.