The College of Nursing provides an array of faculty development and educational opportunities for our nursing faculty. Faculty meet with the Sr. Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs annually to discuss their professional development goals and career trajectory.
The Office of Faculty Affairs offers continuing education (CE) at no cost to all nurses across USF Health. Nurses (RNs) and advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) are required to complete CE coursework throughout their careers. CEs help nurses brush up on essential skills, learn about new healthcare procedures, and keep up with technological changes. The College of Nursing offers complimentary CE opportunities via our Trailblazing Sessions, Journal Clubs, and CE On Demand webinars.
Additionally, as nursing Trailblazers, the CE unit of the Faculty Affair’s office also provide on-demand, short, inexpensive upskilling courses delivered through nursing-branded, online continuing education certificates that drive job performance and career advancement. These new offerings are the future of innovative education for nursing professionals and help them engage in continuous professional growth. These flexible and innovative pathways are available for undergraduate and graduates to help them scale and speed to career placement.
Continuing Education Regularly Scheduled Series
The College of Nursing provides CE through Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) – live activities planned as a series of multiple, ongoing sessions. A regularly scheduled series is primarily planned by and presented to the accredited organization’s professional staff and generally targets the same audience over the whole series. Examples include Journal Club and Trailblazing Sessions. Contact email@example.com and Dr. Ann Joyce to be added to the listserv.
- Journal Club: Engaging Journal Clubs are typically held on the 2nd Friday of every month from 11-11:50 am. The Journal Clubs are designed for nurses to review and critically appraise evidence-based teaching strategies and discuss implications of these strategies for clinical practice, classroom, and online teaching.
- Trailblazing Sessions: Trailblazing Sessions are interactive lectures presented by experts and centered around topics requested by the College’s faculty for their development, including but not limited to innovative clinical and teaching practices as well as mandatory relicensure topics for the state of Florida. Trailblazing Sessions are typically held the fourth Friday of every month from 11-11:50 am.
The College of Nursing delivers high quality online continuing education webinars through our CE On Demand Canvas course. Each module is separately accredited by the Office of Continuing Professional Development for three years. The online series provides continuing education for nurses to complete their mandatory re-licensure requirements and obtain additional CE credit at their leisure. The following CE On Demand lectures are available on our internal Faculty Development site.
- Domestic Violence
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Civility Update
- Human Trafficking
- Diversity and Inclusion are not Enough: The Increased Need for Equity in a Post-COVID19 Reality
- Exploring Cannabis and Cannabinoids as Integrative Strategies for Pain Management
- I Serve 2: The Impact of Parental Military Service on Military-Connected Children
New offerings are uploaded regularly and are available to all nurses across USF Health.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Ann Joyce to be added to the Canvas site.
Educational Design and Technology (EDT)
The Educational Design and Technology (EDT) team in the College of Nursing offers a variety of instructional design support with a focus on online course development, technology training and support services to directly assist faculty. Click here to learn more.
Additional University-Wide Resources
- Online Faculty Development (OFD): USF University College is available to all USF Faculty and Teaching Assistants teaching online and technology-enhanced courses for eTeaching and instructional technology assistance and support. For more information, check out that website.
- Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE): The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) assists faculty, teaching assistants, academic departments, and administrators in Tampa Academic Affairs with the teaching and learning aspects of the University of South Florida's mission. For more information, check out that website.
- Learning and Talent Development: Learning and Talent Development provides USF employees training and development needs. For more information, visit this page.
About Faculty Affairs
Faculty Development is one aspect of the Office of Faculty Affairs. This office within the USF College of Nursing leads the development and implementation of faculty affairs initiatives.
For more information about Faculty Affairs, visit our page