The College of Nursing is dedicated to ensuring that the faculty are provided with continuing professional development opportunities. Our faculty development unit offers a wide variety of services. This includes meeting with all faculty on a regular basis to focus on their individualized development plan and to provide the tools they need to advance in the areas of teaching, scholarship and practice.
College of Nursing
The College of Nursing Office of Faculty and Community Affairs coordinates faculty development opportunities comprising monthly lectures, journal article discussions, and learning communities. All events are complimentary to faculty members. Continuing Education (CE) credit is available for Grand Rounds and Journal Club.
- Grand Rounds: The purpose of Grand Rounds is to provide learning opportunities for faculty to meet licensure requirements and promote learning and scholarship.
- Journal Club: The purpose of Journal Club is to review and critically appraise evidence-based teaching strategies and discuss implications of these strategies for clinical practice, classroom and online teaching.
- College of Nursing Learning Communities: The purpose of the Learning Communities is to provide faculty with development opportunities to strengthen their publishing, presentation, and leadership skills. Contact the Faculty and Community Affairs office to join the Learning Community.
Continuing Education Program
The College of Nursing, in partnership with our faculty and the Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS), offers continuing education courses to supplement your contact hour requirements. Nurses are required to complete 24 hours of appropriate continuing education (CE) during each renewal period. Maximize your professional development and explore some of the most popular course categories. Search here to see the current courses being offered through the USF Health Office of Continuing Professional Development.
Educational Design and Technology (EDT)
The Educational Design and Technology (EDT) team in the College of Nursing offers a variety of instructional design support with a focus on online course development, technology training and support services to directly assist faculty. Click here to learn more.
Additional University-Wide Resources
- Online Faculty Development (OFD): USF University College is available to all USF Faculty and Teaching Assistants teaching online and technology-enhanced courses for eTeaching and instructional technology assistance and support. For more information, check out that website.
- Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE): The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) assists faculty, teaching assistants, academic departments, and administrators in Tampa Academic Affairs with the teaching and learning aspects of the University of South Florida's mission. For more information, check out that website.
- Learning and Talent Development: Learning and Talent Development provides USF employees training and development needs. For more information, visit this page.
|Deleise Wilson, MA-ED, PhD, RN, CSSGB
Senior Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs
||Marcia Johansson, DNP, APRN, ACNP-BC
Director, Advanced Practice Fellowships
|Ann Joyce, PhD
Associate Director, Advanced Practice Initiatives
Academic Services Administrator, Faculty and Community Affairs
About Faculty and Community Affairs
Faculty Development is one aspect of the Office of Faculty and Community Affairs. This office within the USF College of Nursing leads the development and implementation of community and faculty affairs initiatives to promote health and wellness in our community and around the world. In an ever-evolving health care environment, we are engaged in the expansion of opportunities for faculty and students to utilize their academic, research, and clinical expertise within the community, and the creation of a robust continuing education program in collaboration with the Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation.
For more information about Faculty and Community Affairs, visit our Partnerships page