Faculty & Staff Directory
Carmen S. Rodriguez, PhD, ANP-BC, AOCN
Associate Professor, College of Nursing
"NOTE: Accepting PhD Students"
- PhD, Nursing Science, University of South Florida, 2003
- Symptom management: oncology and critically ill patients
- Development of technology-enhanced interventions to facilitate the communication process between suddenly speechless patients, healthcare staff and caregivers.
- Healthcare disparities
- Mentor in Teaching Award (USF College of Nursing - 2016)
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses (Member, 2019 - Present)
- Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Nurses (Member, 2004 - Present)
- Sigma Theta Tau-International (Member, 2003 - Present)
- Oncology Nursing Society (national & local) (Member, 1989 - Present)
- Florida Nurses Association (Member, 1984 - Present)
- American Nurses Association (Member, 1984 - Present)
- Wang HL, Ji M, Visovsky C, Rodriguez CS, Elliott AF, Gwede CK, Padhya TA, Ridley MB, McMillan SC. Clinically Relevant Four-Level Cancer-Related Fatigue Among Patients With Various Types of Cancer. Journal of the advanced practitioner in oncology. 7(1) : 23-37http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27713842
- Cairns PL, Buck HG, Kip KE, Rodriguez CS, Liang Z, Munro CL. Stress Management Intervention to Prevent Post-Intensive Care Syndrome-Family in Patients' Spouses. American journal of critical care : an official publication, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. 28(6) : 471-476, 2019. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31676522
- Gonzalez-Mercado VJ, Saligan LN, Rodriguez CS, Ortiz D, Pedro E, McMillan SC. Validation of the Spanish version of the Cancer Symptom Scale in Hispanic cancer patients. International journal of nursing practice. 24(6) : e12700, 2018. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30284336
- Lengacher CA, Reich RR, Ramesar S, Alinat CB, Moscoso M, Cousin L, Marino VR, Elias MN, Paterson CL, Pleasant ML, Rodriguez CS, Wang HL, Kip KE, Meng H, Park JY. Feasibility of the mobile mindfulness-based stress reduction for breast cancer (mMBSR(BC)) program for symptom improvement among breast cancer survivors. Psycho-oncology. 27(2) : 524-531, 2018. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28665541
- Rodriguez CS, Rowe M, Thomas L, Shuster J, Koeppel B, Cairns P. Enhancing the Communication of Suddenly Speechless Critical Care Patients. American journal of critical care : an official publication, American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. 25(3) : e40-7, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27134237
- Rodriguez, C.S., Spring, H.J. & Rowe M. Nurses’ Experiences with Communicating with Hospitalized
Suddenly Speechless Patients. Qualitative Health Research. : accepted for publication, 2014.
- Nightingale, C.L., Rodriguez, C. & Carnaby, G. The Impact of Music Interventions on Anxiety for
Adult Cancer Patients: A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review Integr Cancer Ther. 12: 393-403, 2013.
- INTERVENTION TO FACILITATE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SUDDENLY SPEECHLESS PATIENTS AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS (Order Total: 2500, 1596240000000 - 1640822400000)
- New Communication Technology for Suddenly Speechless Hospitalized Patients. (Order Total: 1024000, 1312934400000 - 1404172800000)
- NEW COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR SUDDENLY SPEECHLESS HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS (SUBCONTRACT WITH CHAMELEON ADAPTIVEWARE) (Order Total: 210357, 1343779200000 - 1375228800000)
- NEW COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR SUDDENLY SPEECHLESS HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS (SUBCONTRACT WITH CHAMELEON ADAPTIVEWARE) (Order Total: 33214, 1343779200000 - 1375228800000)
- Technology to Assist Speechless Patients Communication with Hospital Staff (Order Total: 100198, 1222387200000 - 1251676800000)