Effective July 1, 2020, annual resident salaries are as follows:
NOTE: A Resident’s initial appointment will be set at the level associated with the minimum required experience needed to enter the program and aligns with the program’s required scope of practice for each training. (See GME Policy 202)
*Chief stipend is only available to certain programs that are approved by our affiliate sites
In addition, Florida has a relatively low cost of living and there is no state income tax. Benefits include health and life insurance (optional family coverage), disability, and malpractice coverage.
Additional funds provided by the department include:
- PGY-2 through PGY-5 residents are eligible to receive a reimbursement of up to $500 for education-related materials/resources and expenses.
- Up to $640.00 reimbursement toward your ABR fee.
- Up to $985.00 reimbursement toward your Florida Medical License (only if application submitted before the end of your PGY-2 year).
- Up to $985.00 reimbursement toward your USMLE Step III (only if taken by the end of your PGY-2 year).
- Those registered to attend the AIRP course in Washington, D.C. are eligible to receive up to $2,500 as a housing stipend (Airbnb is not reimbursable).
- The department will reimburse reasonable expenses that have a valid business purpose of up to $1,000 related to resident participation in regional and national radiology committees (e.g. FRS or ACR).
- The department will offer a stipend (calculated annually) to cover expenses related to attending one physics review course and one diagnostic radiology review course for board preparation during residency training. Residents are responsible for all course preparations (airfare, lodging, taxi, etc.) except for registration.
Each year, all residents and fellows receive three weeks of vacation time and one week of sick leave. The department also provides PGY-2 and PGY-5 residents with one educational week.
For a complete list of benefits, please visit the Resident Pay & Benefits page on the Office of Graduate Medical Education