Glenn Currier, MD, MPH
Chair, College of Medicine Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences
- MPH, Public Health, Yale University, 1995
- MD, Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 1990
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Habib A, Sawmiller D, Li S, Xiang Y, Rongo D, Tian J, Hou H, Zeng J, Smith A, Fan S, Giunta B, Mori T, Currier G, Shytle DR, Tan J. LISPRO mitigates β-amyloid and associated pathologies in Alzheimer''s mice. Cell death & disease. 8(6) : e2880, 2017.
- Betz ME, Wintersteen M, Boudreaux ED, Brown G, Capoccia L, Currier G, Goldstein J, King C, Manton A, Stanley B, Moutier C, Harkavy-Friedman J. Reducing Suicide Risk: Challenges and Opportunities in the Emergency Department. Annals of emergency medicine. 68(6) : 758-765, 2016.
- Currier GW. Impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on Emergency Psychiatry. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. 203(12) : 901-905, 2015.
- Walsh PG, Currier GW, Shah MN, Friedman B. Older Adults with Mental Disorders: What Factors Distinguish Those Who Present to Emergency Departments for Mental Health Reasons from Those Who Do Not? The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry : Official journal of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry. 23(11) : 1162-71, 2015.
- Brown GK, Currier GW, Jager-Hyman S, Stanley B. Detection and classification of suicidal behavior and nonsuicidal self-injury behavior in emergency departments. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 76(10) : 1397-403, 2015.
- Stanley B, Brown GK, Currier GW, Lyons C, Chesin M, Knox KL. Brief Intervention and Follow-Up for Suicidal Patients With Repeat Emergency Department Visits Enhances Treatment Engagement. American Journal of Public Health. 105(8) : 1570-2, 2015.
- Currier GW, Brown GK, Brenner LA, Chesin M, Knox KL, Ghahramanlou-Holloway M, Stanley B. Rationale and study protocol for a two-part intervention: Safety planning and structured follow-up among veterans at risk for suicide and discharged from the emergency department. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 43: 179-84, 2015.
- Currier GW, Brown G, Walsh PG, Jager-Hyman S, Chaudhury S, Stanley B. Screening for sexual orientation in psychiatric emergency departments. The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 16(1) : 80-4, 2015.
- Currier G, Walsh P. Safety and efficacy review of inhaled loxapine for treatment of agitation. Clinical Schizophrenia & Related Psychoses. 7(1) : 25-32, 2013.
- Knox KL, Stanley B, Currier GW, Brenner L, Ghahramanlou-Holloway M, Brown G. An emergency department-based brief intervention for veterans at risk for suicide (SAFE VET). American journal of public health. 102 Suppl 1: S33-7, 2012.
- Wilson MP, Pepper D, Currier GW, Holloman GH, Feifel D. The psychopharmacology of agitation: consensus statement of the american association for emergency psychiatry project Beta psychopharmacology workgroup. The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 13(1) : 26-34, 2012.
- Currier GW, Litts D, Walsh P, Schneider S, Richardson T, Grant W, Triner W, Robak N, Moscati R. Evaluation of an emergency department educational campaign for recognition of suicidal patients. The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 13(1) : 41-50, 2012.
- Posner K, Brown GK, Stanley B, Brent DA, Yershova KV, Oquendo MA, Currier GW, Melvin GA, Greenhill L, Shen S, Mann JJ. The Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale: initial validity and internal consistency findings from three multisite studies with adolescents and adults. The American Journal of Psychiatry. 168(12) : 1266-77, 2011.
- Currier GW, Walsh P, Lawrence D. Physical restraints in the emergency department and attendance at subsequent outpatient psychiatric treatment. Journal of Psychiatric Practice. 17(6) : 387-93, 2011.
- Currier GW. Inhaled loxapine reduces acute agitation in people with schizophrenia compared with placebo. Evidence-based Mental Health. 14(3) : 73, 2011.
- Britton PC, Bossarte RM, Lu N, He H, Currier GW, Crilly J, Richardson T, Tu X, Knox KL. Prevalence, correlates, and symptom profiles of depression among men with a history of military service. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 46(7) : 607-14, 2011.
- D''Onofrio G, Jauch E, Jagoda A, Allen MH, Anglin D, Barsan WG, Berger RP, Bobrow BJ, Boudreaux ED, Bushnell C, Chan YF, Currier G, Eggly S, Ichord R, Larkin GL, Laskowitz D, Neumar RW, Newman-Toker DE, Quinn J, Shear K, Todd KH, Zatzick D. NIH Roundtable on Opportunities to Advance Research on Neurologic and Psychiatric Emergencies. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 56(5) : 551-64, 2010.
- Claassen CA, Yip PS, Corcoran P, Bossarte RM, Lawrence BA, Currier GW. National suicide rates a century after Durkheim: do we know enough to estimate error? Suicide & Life-Threatening Behavior. 40(3) : 193-223, 2010.