Submit CASPA application
- All applicants to the USF MCOM PA program must apply through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- CASPA takes no part in the selection of students.
Transcripts/Letters of Recommendation/Application updates
- Transcripts must be sent directly to CASPA.
- Letters of Recommendation must be sent directly to CASPA.
- Do not send additional letters of recommendation, coursework or experience information to the program unless specifically requested.
Interview Selection Process
- Approximately 150 of the most qualified applicants will be invited for a personal interview. From this group, a class of 50 candidates will be selected.
- Applicants are considered for an on-campus interview based on the strength of their CASPA application (meeting or exceeding the Admission Requirements relative to the applicant pool.)
- The Admissions Committee holistically evaluates each applicant’s academic performance (i.e. course load and prerequisite coursework), GRE scores, professional preparation experiences, letters of recommendation, and personal narrative statement.
- Applicants who meet minimum requirements will be considered for an interview. Meeting the minimum requirements is not a guarantee of interview or admission.
- Applicants will be notified by email if they have been selected for interview with instructions on how to schedule their interview date.
- Interviews are conducted during a morning or afternoon either from 8:30 am – noon or 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm. Click here for a sample interview day agenda.
- The interviews are an opportunity for the program to learn more about the applicant than what can be gleaned from the application. The interviews are also an opportunity for the applicant to learn more about our program to determine if the USF PA Program is the right fit them.
- During the interview, the applicant’s overall qualities will be considered. Areas of consideration include:
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Motivation to Become a PA
- Understanding of the Role of the PA
- Verbal Communication Skills
After the interview and review by the Admissions Committee, the accepted applicant will be notified by telephone and a confirmation email of their status. An acceptance packet with the formal acceptance letter and matriculation forms to complete will mailed. Candidates confirm their place in the class by submitting a $200 seat deposit. This deposit is not refundable; however, $200 is deducted from the first semester’s tuition for candidates who matriculate.
Waitlisted and declined applicants will receive an email notification.