Neurosurgery and Brain Repair
Yarema (Jeremy) Bezchlibnyk, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery and Brain Repair, Morsani College of Medicine
2 Tampa General Circle
STC Rm 7049
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 259-0633
- MD, Medicine, University of Toronto, 2010
- PhD, Molecular and Cellular Psychiatry, McMaster University, 2006
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Fellow (Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 2016 - Present)
- Member (Congress of Neurological Surgeons, 2012 - Present)
- Member (American Association of Neurological Surgery, 2010 - Present)
- Bezchlibnyk YB, Willie JT, Gross RE. A neurosurgeon`s view: Laser interstitial thermal therapy of mesial temporal lobe structures. Epilepsy research. , 2017.
- Keifer OP, Diaz A, Campbell M, Bezchlibnyk YB, Boulis NM. Occipital Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of Refractory Occipital Neuralgia: A Case Series. World neurosurgery. 105: 599-604, 2017.
- Isaacs AM, Bezchlibnyk YB, Yong H, Koshy D, Urbaneja G, Hader WJ, Hamilton MG. Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for treatment of adult hydrocephalus: long-term follow-up of 163 patients. Neurosurgical focus. 41(3) : E3, 2016.
- Bezchlibnyk YB, Xu L, Wang JF, Young LT. Decreased expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 in the prefrontal cortex of subjects with bipolar disorder and its regulation by lithium treatment. Brain research. 1147: 213-7, 2007.
- Bezchlibnyk YB, Sun X, Wang JF, MacQueen GM, McEwen BS, Young LT. Neuron somal size is decreased in the lateral amygdalar nucleus of subjects with bipolar disorder. Journal of psychiatry & neuroscience : JPN. 32(3) : 203-10, 2007.
- Tian SY, Wang JF, Bezchlibnyk YB, Young LT. Immunoreactivity of 43 kDa growth-associated protein is decreased in post mortem hippocampus of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Neuroscience letters. 411(2) : 123-7, 2007.
- Gao Y, Bezchlibnyk YB, Sun X, Wang JF, McEwen BS, Young LT. Effects of restraint stress on the expression of proteins involved in synaptic vesicle exocytosis in the hippocampus. Neuroscience. 141(3) : 1139-48, 2006.
- Bezchlibnyk YB, Wang JF, Shao L, Young LT. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 expression is decreased by lithium. Neuroreport. 17(9) : 897-901, 2006.
- Zai G, Bezchlibnyk YB, Richter MA, Arnold P, Burroughs E, Barr CL, Kennedy JL. Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG) gene is associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder. American journal of medical genetics. Part B, Neuropsychiatric genetics : the official publication of the International Society of Psychiatric Genetics. 129B(1) : 64-8, 2004.
- Young LT, Bezchlibnyk YB, Chen B, Wang JF, MacQueen GM. Amygdala cyclic adenosine monophosphate response element binding protein phosphorylation in patients with mood disorders: effects of diagnosis, suicide, and drug treatment. Biological psychiatry. 55(6) : 570-7, 2004.
- Bezchlibnyk Y, Young LT. The neurobiology of bipolar disorder: focus on signal transduction pathways and the regulation of gene expression. Canadian journal of psychiatry. Revue canadienne de psychiatrie. 47(2) : 135-48, 2002.
- Bezchlibnyk YB, Wang JF, McQueen GM, Young LT. Gene expression differences in bipolar disorder revealed by cDNA array analysis of post-mortem frontal cortex. Journal of neurochemistry. 79(4) : 826-34, 2001.
- Bezchlibnyk YB, Stone SS, Hamani C, Lozano AM. High frequency stimulation of the infralimbic cortex induces morphological changes in rat hippocampal neurons. Brain stimulation. 10(2) : 599-604