Puya Alikhani, MD, FAANS
Director, Division of Spine Surgery, Neurosurgery
Associate Professor, Neurosurgery and Brain Repair, Morsani Com
Attending Physician, James A. Haley Va Hospital
Attending Physician, Tampa General Hospital
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Phone:(813) 259-0830
View My C.V.
- MD, NEUROSURGERY, SPINE, USF, 2016
- MD, Medicine, Texas A&M University, 2009
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Complex Adult, Adolescence and Pediatric, Scoliosis Deformity Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy and fusion
- Minimally invasive lateral surgery ( XLIF ) and TLIF, minimally invasive lower back surgery
- Complex neck deformity surgery
- Flat back deformity and revision surgery
- Brain and Pituitary tumor surgery
- Noureldine MHA, Pressman E, Krafft PR, Molcanyi M, Tran ND, Greenberg MS, Alikhani P. Management of Thoracic Disc Herniation Using the Mini-Open Retropleural Approach: Technique Illustration and Clinical Outcomes of 33 Patients From a Single Academic Center. Operative neurosurgery (Hagerstown, Md.). , 2020.
- Krafft PR, Noureldine MHA, Jallo GI, Shah SA, Alikhani P. Percutaneous lumbar pedicle fixation in young children with flexion-distraction injury-case report and operative technique. Child''s nervous system : ChNS : official journal of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. , 2020.
- Pressman E, Noureldine MHA, Kumar JI, Krafft PR, Mantei B, Greenberg MS, Agazzi S, van Loveren H, Alikhani P. The Return Back to Typical Practice from the ''Battle Plan'' of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Comparative Study. World neurosurgery. , 2020.
- Noureldine MHA, Pressman E, Krafft PR, Smith DA, Greenberg MS, Alikhani P. Minimally Invasive Lateral Retropleural and Retroperitoneal Approaches in Patients with Thoracic and Lumbar Osteomyelitis: Description of the Techniques and a Series of 14 Patients. World neurosurgery. 139: e166-e181, 2020.
- Noureldine MHA, Freeman TB, Alikhani P. Simultaneous Sacroiliac Joint Fusion in Patients with Long Lumbosacral Constructs: Case Report and Operative Technique. World neurosurgery. 139: 434-439, 2020.
- Noureldine MHA, Pressman E, Krafft PR, Greenberg MS, Agazzi S, van Loveren H, Alikhani P. Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Neurosurgical Practice at an Academic Tertiary Referral Center: A Comparative Study. World neurosurgery. 139: e872-e876, 2020.
- Noureldine MHA, Pressman E, Greenberg MS, Agazzi S, van Loveren H, Alikhani P. Letter to the Editor ''Neurosurgical Service Coverage During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The ''Battle Plan'' at the University of South of Florida Affiliate Hospitals''. World neurosurgery. 138: 600-602, 2020.
- Krafft PR, Noureldine MHA, Greenberg MS, Alikhani P. Minimally Invasive Lateral Retropleural Approach to the Thoracic Spine for Salvage of a Subsided Expandable Interbody Cage. World neurosurgery. 135: 58-62, 2020.
- Alikhani P, Suradi Y, Amin S, Amin U. Complex C1-2 osteophyte presenting with severe dysphagia and ptosis. Neurology. 94(7) : 324-325, 2020.
- R Krafft P, Osburn B, C Vivas A, Rao G, Alikhani P. Novel Titanium Cages for Minimally Invasive Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion: First Assessment of Subsidence. Spine surgery and related research. 4(2) : 171-177, 2020.
- Alikhani P, Sivakanthan S, Ashour R, Tabor M, van Loveren H, Agazzi S. Endoscopic endonasal resection of a medullary cavernoma: a novel case. British journal of neurosurgery. 33(6) : 690-692, 2019.
- Krafft PR, Mosley YI, Alikhani P. Zero-profile Hyperlordotic Spacer for Cervical Deformity Correction: Case Presentation and Technical Note. Cureus. 11(2) : e4097, 2019.
- Alikhani P, Sivakanthan S, van Loveren H, Agazzi S. Paraclival or Cavernous Internal Carotid Artery: One Segment but Two Names. Journal of neurological surgery. Part B, Skull base. 77(4) : 304-7, 2016.
- Wong RH, De Los Reyes K, Alikhani P, Sivakanthan S, van Gompel J, van Loveren H, Agazzi S. The Subtemporal Approach to Retroinfundibular Craniopharyngiomas: A New Look at an Old Approach. Operative neurosurgery (Hagerstown, Md.). 11(4) : 495-503, 2015.
- Van Gompel JJ, Alikhani P, Youssef AS, Loveren HR, Boyev KP, Agazzi S. Anterior Petrosectomy: Consecutive Series of 46 Patients with Attention to Approach-Related Complications. Journal of neurological surgery. Part B, Skull base. 76(5) : 379-84, 2015.
- Sivakanthan S, Van Gompel JJ, Alikhani P, van Loveren H, Chen R, Agazzi S. Surgical management of trigeminal neuralgia: use and cost-effectiveness from an analysis of the Medicare Claims Database. Neurosurgery. 75(3) : 220-6; discussion 225-6, 2014.
- Van Gompel JJ, Alikhani P, Tabor MH, van Loveren HR, Agazzi S, Froelich S, Youssef AS. Anterior inferior petrosectomy: defining the role of endonasal endoscopic techniques for petrous apex approaches. Journal of neurosurgery. 120(6) : 1321-5, 2014.
- Baaj AA, Alikhani P, Sack J, Vale FL, Greenberg MS. Drainage of a ventral epidural atlantoaxial abscess via the transoral approach. Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia. 19(7) : 1044-5, 2012.
- Friedman JA, Taylor SA, McDermott W, Alikhani P. Multifocal and recurrent subarachnoid hemorrhage due to an herbal supplement containing natural coumarins. Neurocritical care. 7(1) : 76-80, 2007.
- Screven R, Noureldine MHA, Krafft PR, Alikhani P. ExpandableExpandable Titanium Cages in the Emergent Treatment of Severe Spinal Deformity Secondary to Osteomyelitis: A Series of Three Complex Cases. Asian journal of neurosurgery. 15(2) : 397-404
- John M. Thompson, M.D. Golden Apple Award for Teaching, Faulty of the year (University of South Florida, Dept. of Neurosurgery - 2020)
- ohn M. Thompson, M.D. Golden Apple Award for Teaching, Resident of the year, (University of South Florida, Dept. of Neurosurgery - 2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society - 2009)
- American Medical Association Scholarship (American Medical Association - 2009)
- Southern Medical Association Scholarship (Southern Medical Association - 2008)
- Iranian American Medical Association Scholarship (Iranian American Medical Association - 2007)
- Science Center Scholarship (Texas A&M Health - 2006)
- Retired Faculty and Staff Scholarship (University of Texas at Austin - 2005)
- Dean's List (University of Texas at Austin - 2005)
- Exes Scholarship (Texas Exes Scholarship - 2004)
- Dean’s List (Houston Community College - 2002)