Division of Neuromuscular Disorders
The Division of Neuromuscular Disorders has board certified physicians, advanced practioners, and technical staff that focus on diagnosing and treating diseases associated with peripheral nerves, neuromuscular junction, and muscles such as the following:
- Motor Neuron Disease- ALS, PLS, PMA, SMA
- Nerve Root Injury- Radiculopathy
- Nerve Plexus Injury/Disease- Plexopathy
- Peripheral Neuropathy- Diabetic Neuropathy, CIDP, MMN, etc
- Entrapment Neuropathies- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ulnar neuropathies
- Neuromuscular junction disease- Myasthenia Gravis, LEMS
- Muscle Disease- Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis, IBM, and Muscular Dystrophies
Neuromuscular clinics are available in both South Tampa (at the new USF Center for Advanced Healthcare South, directly across from Tampa General Hospital on Davis Island) and in North Tampa on the main USF campus (off Bruce B. Downs and Fletcher Avenue in the Morsani Center).
We offer special expertise in electromyography and nerve conduction studies (EMG and NCS), a diagnostic technique to evaluate nerves and muscles. All USF EMG laboratories are directed and staffed by fully qualified neuromuscular physicians.
In addition to clinical evaluation and management services, we also participate in teaching advanced skills in neuromuscular medicine to medical students and training physicians.
We remain committed to advancing scientific knowledge by participating in innovative medical research studies. We participate in a robust number clinical trials and therapies while making the health and safety of our participants a top priority.
- Tuan H. Vu, M.D.
Director, Neuromuscular Division
Director, USF EMG laboratories
Director, USF ALS Clinic
- Clifton Gooch, M.D.
- Hera Stephens, M.D.
- Rebecca Hurst, M.D.
- Niraja Suresh, M.D.
- Jerrica Farias, ARNP
- Rossitza I. Chichkova, M.D., M.S.
Appointments and Call Center:(813) 396-9478
To make a donation to the Division of Neuromuscular Disease, please contact: