Student Organizations and Societies
We encourage students to continue participation in USFstudent organizations and student government, and support the use of video-teleconferencing to facilitate participation in these groups. A wide variety of USF student interest groups and organizations are available for participation.
Please contact Frankie Cunningham, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions related to student organizations.
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- The Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society is a national society that was initiated in 1902 and celebrates the scholastic achievements of medical students as well as Alumni and faculty who have distinguished themselves in their professional careers.
- Those eligible are medical students in their 3rd year and 4th year, residents, fellows, faculty, and alumni. No more than 6% of the graduating class are elected annually. The criteria to be inducted are to be in high academic standing, be seen as a leader among peers, have a strong sense of professionalism and ethics, have a promising future of success in medicine, and have a commitment to service in the school and community.For more information about AOA please click here.
Barness-Behnke Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society
- The Gold Humanism Honor Society is a national society that was initiated in 2002 and supported by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation; for more information about the Gold Foundation please click here. Those selected demonstrate outstanding care and compassion to others. The students, faculty, and residents inducted are regarded as compassionate leaders, role models in patient-centered care for other students, residents and physicians, and viewed as change agents in medicine.
- Those eligible are medical students in their 4th year, residents, and role-model physician teachers. Approximately 16 to 20 percent of the graduating class are elected. There is a peer nomination process that has been externally validated and is based on criteria designed to identify students recognized bytheir peers as demonstrating exceptional humanistic characteristics.
- For more information contact our chapter advisor, Kira Zwygart, MD at email@example.com.
Robert A. Good Honor Society
- The Robert A. Good Honor Society was initiated at USF in 2016 and seeks to recognize medical students, faculty, and alumni who have demonstrated exemplary commitment to improve health outcomes through research, innovation and scholarly endeavors.
- Those eligible are medical students in their 3rd and 4th year, faculty and alumni. No more than 20 percent of the total class are elected. To qualify one must have at least three of the following achievements in any of the categories listed below or within a single category:
- a. Authorship of peer reviewed published journal articles
- b. First authorship of competitively reviewed abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentations at regional, national or international conferences
- c. Development of service projects, innovation/entrepreneurship, arts and humanities or educational modules representing relevant scholarly work
- d. Awards of extramural or intramural funding for qualifying projects
- e. Special recognition or awards for scholarly works
- For more information please click here.
- Anesthesiology Interest Group
- Cardiology Interest Group
- Dermatology Interest Group
- Emergency Medicine Interest Group
- Family Medicine Interest Group
- Infectious Disease Association
- Interdisciplinary Oncology Interest Group
- Internal Medicine Interest Group
- Interventional Cardiology Interest Group
- Medicine - Pediatrics Interest Group
- Neurological Surgery Interest Group
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Interest Group
- Orthopedic Interest Group at USF
- Otolaryngology Interest Group
- Palliative Care Interest Group
- Pathology Organization for Students
- Pediatric Interest Group
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Interest Group
- Plastic Surgery Interest Group
- Preventive and Integrative Medicine Interest Group
- Psychiatry Interest Coalition
- Radiation Oncology Interest Group
- Radiology Interest Group
- Student Interest Group in Neurology
- Student Interest Group in Ophthalmology
- Surgical Interest Group
- Vascular Surgery Interest Group
- Women in Surgery Interest Group
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin - Medical Students, Residents and Fellows
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Student Association
- American Medical Women's Association
- Arts in Health at USF
- Asian Pacific American Medical Students Association
- Bedsider: In the Wild
- BRIDGE Healthcare Clinic
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- College Of Medicine Wellness Council
- Empowering Survivors Through Educational Experiences in Medicine (ESTEEM)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Allied Medical Student Association
- Healthcare Improvement Group
- International Health Service Collaborative
- Jewish Medical Students' Association
- Latino Medical Student Association
- Medical Students for Choice
- Medicine in the Armed Forces
- Music for Hope
- Muslim Student Doctor Association
- Project World Health
- Student National Medical Association
- Student Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Tampa Bay Street Medicine
For more information about our student organizations, Find us on BullSync.