We encourage students to continue participation in USFstudent organizations and student government, and support the use of video-teleconferencing to facilitate participation in these groups. A wide variety of USF student interest groups and organizations are available for participation.
Please contact Frankie Cunningham, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions related to student organizations.
- The Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society is a national society that was initiated in 1902 and celebrates the scholastic achievements of medical students as well as Alumni and faculty who have distinguished themselves in their professional careers.
- Those eligible are medical students in their 3rd year and 4th year, residents, fellows, faculty, and alumni. No more than 6% of the graduating class are elected annually. The criteria to be inducted are to be in high academic standing, be seen as a leader among peers, have a strong sense of professionalism and ethics, have a promising future of success in medicine, and have a commitment to service in the school and community.For more information about AOA please click here.
- The Gold Humanism Honor Society is a national society that was initiated in 2002 and supported by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation; for more information about the Gold Foundation please click here. Those selected demonstrate outstanding care and compassion to others. The students, faculty, and residents inducted are regarded as compassionate leaders, role models in patient-centered care for other students, residents and physicians, and viewed as change agents in medicine.
- Those eligible are medical students in their 4th year, residents, and role-model physician teachers. Approximately 16 to 20 percent of the graduating class are elected. There is a peer nomination process that has been externally validated and is based on criteria designed to identify students recognized bytheir peers as demonstrating exceptional humanistic characteristics.
- For more information contact our chapter advisor, Kira Zwygart, MD at email@example.com.
- The Robert A. Good Honor Society was initiated at USF in 2016 and seeks to recognize medical students, faculty, and alumni who have demonstrated exemplary commitment to improve health outcomes through research, innovation and scholarly endeavors.
- Those eligible are medical students in their 3rd and 4th year, faculty and alumni. No more than 20 percent of the total class are elected. To qualify one must have at least three of the following achievements in any of the categories listed below or within a single category:
- a. Authorship of peer reviewed published journal articles
- b. First authorship of competitively reviewed abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentations at regional, national or international conferences
- c. Development of service projects, innovation/entrepreneurship, arts and humanities or educational modules representing relevant scholarly work
- d. Awards of extramural or intramural funding for qualifying projects
- e. Special recognition or awards for scholarly works
- For more information please click here.
For more information about our student organizations, Find us on BullSync.