Seetha Lakshmi, MD
Associate Hospital Epidemiologist, Tampa General Hospital
Medical Director, Global Emerging Disease Institute (Gedi)
Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine
1 Tampa General Circle
Academic Phone:(813) 844-4187
View My C.V.
- Fellowship, Infectious Disease, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 2016
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic - Florida, 2014
- MBBS, Medicine, Mysore Medical College, 2009
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, 2014 - Present)
- American College of Physicians (Member, 2011 - Present)
- Henglin Y Jingyan W Hui L Lakshmi S Xingliang L Renjua N Chunfu L Hengye W Yaming C Menezes L Cui . Efficacy and Safety of a Naphthoquine-Azithromycin Co-Formulation for Malaria Prophylaxis in Southeast Asia: A Phase 3, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial. CID. , 2020.
- Lakshmi S Garcia . Recalcitrant Paecilomyces keratitis. BMJ Case Reports. , 2019.
- Lakshmi S Akoglanian . The difficile in Clostridium Difficile infection IJID (Invited Commentary). , 2018.
- Lakshmi S, Beekmann S, Polgreen P, Rodriguez A, Alcaide M. HIV Primary Care By The Infectious Disease Physician in the United States- Extending The Continuum of Care AIDS Care. 0(0) : 1-9, 2017.
- Lakshmi S, Alcaide M, Palacio A, Shaikhomer M, Alexander A, et, al. Improving HCV Cure Rates in HIV-Coinfected Patients - A Real World Perspective Am J Manag Care. 22(6) : 198-204, 2016.
- Lakshmi S, Rai M, Castro J. Stenotrophomonas Maltophilia Endocarditis of the Native Aortic Valve: Case Report and Review of Literature Inf Dis Clin Pract. 23(5) : 231-234, 2015.
- Mouzakis J, Somboonwit C, Lakshmi S, Rumak M, Sinnott J. Levamisole Induced Necrosis of the Skin and Neutropenia Following Intranasal Cocaine Use: A Newly Recognized Syndrome Drugs Deratol. 10(10) : 12047, 2011.
- AIDS 2016 Scholarship (International AIDS Society - 2016)
- ID Week 2016 Trainee Travel Grant (Infectious Disease Society of America - 2016)
- Making a Different in Infectious Disease (MAD-ID) Travel Grant (MAD-ID 2014 Meeting - 2014)
- Best Outgoing Student for Excellence in Research (Mysore Medical Callege and Research Institute, Karnataka, India - 2009)
- Sepsis Research Scholar Award (Division of Infectious Disease, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine - 2008)