A unifying theme of the projects with our international partners is capacity building of healthcare providers. We believe that if underserved communities are to successfully cope with diseases, our efforts to empower caregivers must include traditionally marginalized groups in prevention and intervention activities. In developing countries, increasing the capacity of the healthcare workforce to meet the needs of their patients is an essential goal (WHO). We acknowledge that international capacity-building must focus on enhancing the knowledge, skills and practices of local caregivers within the resource constraints of their communities.
USF Medicine International Flyer
Information about our programs and student profiles: Download
- Gansu Provincial Health Department and Lanzhou University
- Gansu Provincial Hospital is a top-ranked tertiary hospital located in Northwest China. As the largest government direct provincial hospital in China, Gansu Provincial Hospital contains 95 departments and is nationally known for the departments of endocrinology, general surgery and stomatology. Click here for more information.
- Gansu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Gansu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine is a recognized institution and is situated in the North West of China. There are over 6,000 students in five major departments include: Traditional Chinese Medicine, Pharmacology, Acupuncture and Orthopedics, Traditional Tibetan Medicine, and Nursing. The University has three research institutes and 43 research offices with two attached hospitals and 800 beds. Click here for more information.
- Guigang City People’s Hospital
- Guigang City People’s Hospital is affiliated with Guangxi Medical University and is an A-level teaching hospital in China. This hospital is complete with advanced medical facilities and several specialties. For more information, click here.
- Jiangsu University
- Jiangsu University is a premier science and technology university located in Jiangsu Sheng, China. Being a national comprehensive key university, Jiangsu University has received high praise from China’s Ministry of Education and is ranked 6th in China for research. Of Jiangsu University’s research specialties, clinical medicine has been ranked in the top 1%. Click here for more information.
- The First People’s Hospital of Kunshan
- The First People’s Hospital of Kunshan is the main teaching hospital of Jiangsu University. This hospital houses many research centers which include the Jiangsu University Nano Medical Research Institute and the Kunshan City Precision Medicine Center. Notable specialties at this hospital are cardiovascular medicine, pulmonology, gynecology, general surgery, nephrology, gastroenterology, and infectious disease. For more information, click here.
- Zhaoqing First People’s Hospital
- Founded in 1944, Zhaoqing City First People's Hospital has become the largest hospital in Zhaoqing’s medical treatment, teaching, scientific research, prevention, care and rehabilitation. Click here for more information.
- Tianjin Health Commision
- For more information, click here.
- University of Nicosia
- The University of Nicosia is Cyprus’ top university and offers numerous opportunities in medicine. One of which being that the University of Nicosia is a Royal College of Surgeons of England (RSCE) examination center. The University of Nicosia was able to achieve this by giving its medical students access to the latest technology and its highly skilled faculty. For more information, click here.
- Ain Shams University
- Founded in 1950 under a different name, Ain Shams University School of Medicine is the third oldest in the country and ranked third in Egypt’s leading medical schools. It is affiliated with a myriad of hospitals, including Ain Shams Hospital, Demerdash Hospital, Gynecology and Obstetric Hospital, and Pediatrics Hospital. Click here for more information.
- Unversite de Nice Antipolis
- Founded in 1965, the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis presents its students with advanced research opportunities. The University of Nice Sophia Antipolis has 47 labs associated with several national research organizations (e.g., The National Center for Scientific Research, France). Click here for more information.
- Faculty of Medicine, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitat Freiburg
- The University of Freiburg belongs to the long tradition of successful in humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. The Freiburg medical center has a staff over 10,000 professionals taking care of around 58,000 patients in need of medical attention. The University medical Center believes that basic science and clinical research are prerequisites to realize the newest medical expertise and treatments and therefore encourages ongoing and new research by its physicians. Click here for more information.
- Government Medical College and New Civil Hospital
- New Civil Hospital was founded in 1964 and is located in Surat, India. This full-service hospital is equipped with a recently renovated operating theater (room) complex with 24 operating rooms, nine of which are state-of-the-art modular operating rooms. New Civil Hospital’s medical team is highly dedicated to the surrounding area by providing mobile units to those that cannot afford to reach the hospital. For more information, click here.
- Manipal University
- Manipal University is synonymous with excellence in higher education. Over 28,000 students from 57 different nations. The University has off-campuses in Mangalore and Bangalore, Dubai (UAE), and Melaka (Malaysia). The educational facilities such as the Simulation Lab with computer driven Manikins, an Innovation Centre, one of Asia’s largest health sciences libraries, one of the world’s best anatomy museums, a business incubation center and various other centers of excellence. Academic collaborations and twinning programs with several universities in the US, UK, Australia and other countries ensure that students get international exposure and expertise. Click here for more information.
- Sapienza Universita de Roma
- Sapienza University was founded in 1303 by Pope Boniface VIII in Rome, is considered a to performer in international university rankings. Sapienza’s mission is to catalyze the development of a knowledge society by promoting research, education, and international cooperation. Click here for more information.
- University of Groningen
- With 400 years of reputation, the University of Groningen has produced several key influential people in Europe. This university is proud to be one of top research institutions in Europe. The University of Groningen bridges the gap between society and the sciences with its three main areas of focus: energy, healthy aging, and sustainable society. For more information, click here.
- Universidad Latina de Panama
- Founded in 1991, the Latin University of Panama is the largest private university in the country. When compared to other universities, it leads in highest investment on technology per student. Each classroom is equipped with electronic whiteboards, multimedia equipment, wireless Internet access and video conferencing capabilities; while each student is also granted a laptop for in-classroom use. The university has expanded its operations by establishing branches in other areas in Panama. It has also established strategic partnerships with other universities in North, Central, and South America, as well as Europe. Click here for more information.
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
- UPCH is a private university located in Lima, Peru. It is considered one of the top medical schools in Peru and is currently the major publisher of scientific articles in the country. UPCH is a rather small school (under 2000 students) that focuses on the disciplines of Medicine, Dentistry, Natural Sciences, Public Health, Veterinary, and Nursing. Its offer master and doctoral degrees in biochemistry, biotechnology, medicine, biology, and Master of Health Administration. Click here for more information.
- Kyung Hee Medical School
- The Kyung Hee Medical Center was established in 1971 with the motto "toward a disease-free civilization," and is continuously improving itself with the latest in medical technology. The Kyung Hee Medical Center is the first university hospital to combine dental, Western, Eastern, and East-West medicine into a truly comprehensive treatment system. For more information click here.
- Seoul National University
- Seoul National University is a national research university located in Seoul, capital of South Korea. Since its founding in 1946, SNU has been widely considered to be the most prestigious university in the country. SNU College of Medicine has maintained its reputation as Korea’s top medical research institution. In addition, SNU’s faculty members have attained great prominence in medical research and have been published in a number of prestigious international medical journals. Click here for more information.
- Khon Kaen Hospital
- Khon Kaen Ram Hospital is a private hospital located in northeast Thailand and opened in 1995. Khon Kaen Ram Hospital was the first hospital in the region to bring its patients technology and services that were previously unavailable (e.g., LASIK, 64-slice CT machine). For more information, click here.
- Srinakharinwirot University
Starting as an Advanced Teacher Training School in 1949, Srinakharinwirot University (SWU) currently consists of 12 faculties, encompassing a wide array of areas including: Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering, Business, Social Science, Humanities, among others. The university is centrally located in the city of Bangkok, which is known for its vibrant culture and beautiful landscape. Click here for more information.
- Burapha University
- Burapha University is one of Thailand’s major public universities located in the coastal town of Bangsaen. The university offers degrees in more than 50 programs of study, including 75 master’s programs, 3 Ed.D programs, and 22 Ph.D programs. For more information click here.
Read more about our International Partners in Thailand.